U. of Michigan can be proud... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

U. of Michigan can be proud...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:49 am

PACKman1144 wrote:Danggggggg Balanced Man, that's one heck of a game of beer pong right there 8-o

Seriously...that looks like the goldfish game that they have at carnivals! 8-o You'd probably be drunk like a dead goldfish if you got through that one. :*)

I'm sure the rules are different for each place you play...I have seen it played with 6 cups and 10 before. Either way, you're still drinking the equivalent of like 2-3 cups of beer in a 30 minute period. I have to imagine that messes you up!

I forget - do you have to bounce the ball once before you get it in there or not?
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Balanced Man » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:53 am

Mercer Boy wrote:
PACKman1144 wrote:Danggggggg Balanced Man, that's one heck of a game of beer pong right there 8-o

Seriously...that looks like the goldfish game that they have at carnivals! 8-o You'd probably be drunk like a dead goldfish if you got through that one. :*)

I'm sure the rules are different for each place you play...I have seen it played with 6 cups and 10 before. Either way, you're still drinking the equivalent of like 2-3 cups of beer in a 30 minute period. I have to imagine that messes you up!

I forget - do you have to bounce the ball once before you get it in there or not?

Depends on house rules.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:06 am

Hail to the Victors ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Re: U. of Michigan can be proud...

Postby The_Dude » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:23 am

Yahoo! News wrote:Mich. Pair Wins Beer Pong Championship

ANN ARBOR, Mich. - A pair of recent University of Michigan graduates are each $5,000 richer for being the best at a national tournament involving a campus drinking game popular among many college students.

Jason Coben and Nick Velissaris are the champions of the " World Series of Beer Pong," which took place earlier this month near Las Vegas. The two beat out more than 160 other competitors to split the $10,000 grand prize.

Beer pong is played this way: While standing, players attempt to toss a Ping Pong ball into cups that are partially filled with beer at the other end of the table. If the players succeed, their opponents are forced to drink the beer in the cup.

Beer pong has made the transition from house-party game to being a featured event in bars that host tournaments. Companies sell custom-designed beer pong tables and related products. A merchandiser of beer pong paraphernalia held the "World Series of Beer Pong."

Critics say the game encourages binge drinking, but Coben and Velissaris say it's not about irresponsible drinking. They say it's a way to have a good time with friends.

"It's like playing darts at a bar," Coben told The Ann Arbor News.

Coben and Velissaris picked up the game several years ago. Coben was a swimmer at Michigan, Velissaris was a wrestler, and they got to know each other through the athletic community.

When they were old enough to go to bars, they brought the game with them and played among friends.

Eventually, the two began helping to organize weekly tournaments in Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti.

At the national tournament, Coben and Velissaris were sponsored by a campus-area bar, The Brown Jug, which paid the $550 entry fee. The bar's owner, Perry Porikos, agreed to put up the money.
He said Coben and Velissaris are regular customers who have helped out in a pinch at the bar. The two paid their own airfare and plan to pay back Porikos from their winnings.

They also wore T-shirts with the bar's name during the competition.
[/quote]

I was in Ann Arbor for a month this summer and spent a majority of my evenings (and some early mornings) at the Brown Jug. What a FINE establishment. $3.75 for Knob on the rocks!!!

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby knapplc » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:35 am

This story is one of the eight headlines on Yahoo's home page right now. I can't believe this is "news."
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:13 pm

PFFT... Beer pong is for wussies...they should try shot pong (and champagne pong, while it may sound gay, is much drunker than beer pong as well)

(In beer pong, whoever loses the match must drink the remaining cups on the table - not a huge deal when you are talking about beer, since there is usually only about 6 total beers out there to start with, but the stakes are raised a bit when you start talking about shots)
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby The Balanced Man » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:20 pm

onnestabe wrote:PFFT... Beer pong is for wussies...they should try shot pong (and champagne pong, while it may sound gay, is much drunker than beer pong as well)

(In beer pong, whoever loses the match must drink the remaining cups on the table - not a huge deal when you are talking about beer, since there is usually only about 6 total beers out there to start with, but the stakes are raised a bit when you start talking about shots)

Perhaps you would like Zima Pong? Or Mikes Hard Lemonade Pong?
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Atog » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:33 pm

The Brown Jug is a decent establishment.
Anyways, I think the real reason they won is because beer at house parties in Ann Arbor is free.
You go to East Lansing, they charge you $5 for a cup :-t
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby CC » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:36 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:O, I don't give a d--- for the whole state of Michigan
The whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan
I don't give a d--- for the whole state of Michigan, I'm from Ohio

Getting tired of us stealing all the Ohio football talent I guess.

Beer pong is good stuff, my game needs a lot of work though. Then again, with this game, everyone is a winner.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:57 pm

onnestabe wrote:PFFT... Beer pong is for wussies...they should try shot pong (and champagne pong, while it may sound gay, is much drunker than beer pong as well)
Shot pong sounds like something that you should get from the free clinic.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk