Shock the Monkey - And Like It! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Shock the Monkey - And Like It!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby HskrPwr13 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:29 pm

The_Dude wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:
The_Dude wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:I dont think people are uninterested in this stuff, I think that a lot of this is common sense once you become an adult. The findings of the orignal study you posted doesnt surprise me at all. And the fact that people can be urged to do something to somebody shouldnt be a surprise considering the amount of advertisement we get in are lives. The human brain is pretty weak to suggestion. I cant stand crowd/mob/click mentality. I'm surprised that some people never seem to grow out of living their lives based on outside influences. Be your own man, dammit! And listen to what I say!

Yeah, I agree completely. ;-7

Thats cool if you disagree, but give me some ammo to respond with. B-)

Actually, I was just trying to be ironic. Agreeing with you, but thus invalidating the point that I should think for myself. Sorry, it was funny to me...

*sigh* Ah, man! I had someone agree with me on something and I screwed it up.

Yes, I meant that as a joke. Good catch.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:50 pm

The_Dude wrote: Maybe its time we elect a woman President, eh?
To quote Lee Corso, "Not so fast my friend." I'm going to have to see how Geena Davis does for at least another season before I start seriously even contemplating the idea.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:01 pm

MadScott wrote:
To quote Lee Corso, "Not so fast my friend." I'm going to have to see how Geena Davis does for at least another season before I start seriously even contemplating the idea.

Geena would make a great president, as long as she wore short skirts with her business suits every day. Still like them gams.

Unfortunately, I think Hillary Clinton would make an awful president, and I haven't seen anything from Condy Rice that makes me feel different about her. I don't see a strong female candidate out there right now that I would support.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:40 am

knapplc wrote:
MadScott wrote:

Geena would make a great president, as long as she wore short skirts with her business suits every day. Still like them gams.

Unfortunately, I think Hillary Clinton would make an awful president, and I haven't seen anything from Condy Rice that makes me feel different about her. I don't see a strong female candidate out there right now that I would support.

What about Omarosa? Or Martha Stewart?

As far as the study goes, I'd probably be happy too to see someone who cheated on me get shocked. I'm pretty competitive.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:54 am

WickedSmaat wrote:
knapplc wrote:
MadScott wrote:

What about Omarosa? Or Martha Stewart?

As far as the study goes, I'd probably be happy too to see someone who cheated on me get shocked. I'm pretty competitive.

No and no. Omarosa (from the little I know of her) seems to be a jackass, and Martha is too much of a dangerous criminal for me to trust. I don't think the country is ready for a corrupt president like she would be. Err... wait.... Oops, we've already elected some corrupt presidents I guess.

OK, maybe Martha would work. It's about time the White House was updated anyway. And think of the press conferences! "Before we get started, ladies and gentlemen of the press, I'd like to ask you all to take a moment and fold your notes into these lovely origami place-settings I've designed..."
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk