Kelly Clarkson v. American Idol - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Kelly Clarkson v. American Idol

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby hastur » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:35 pm

Can't stand t.v. for the most part. This new trend(10 years) of reality t.v. is so crass, low-brow, shallow excriment I wouldn't wish on anyone. Yet, it gets ratings. Somehow I'm not surprised...

America is going to hell in a handbasket...socially, politically, environmentally, religiously, and nutritionally. I'm getting ready to start looking into moving to Australia or Sweden...

p.s. please ignore me. Hollywood as a whole disgusts me...
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:58 pm

UTLonghorns wrote:Thats pretty low. You won the thing and have become successful, why not let other people sing your song? I dont get it.

I guess she thinks this is a way to make a separate career for herself. I can't say that I think she's right for doing this, but that's why I think she is.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:27 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:The show made her famous. It also made her wealthy. While not directly handing the money and fame to her, it was the ONLY reason she is where she is, and needs to realize that. She's a (insert expletive). It's not as if they are making money off of her songs. This show is going to go on and do well whether her garbage...err...music is used on there or not. I hate people. Please bring on the bomb.

I couldnt agree more. I give Kelly Clarkson a :-t
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:23 am

I watched it tonight. I usually only watch for the auditions and then I usually tune it out. I find it amusing for the most part. I think a tv ad for the show on tuesday nights sold at $630,000 I believe it was. I never really got into the second part of the show where the voting is involved because I think they already know who they want to put out their image.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby statsman88 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:39 am

WickedSmaat wrote:I watched it tonight. I usually only watch for the auditions and then I usually tune it out. I find it amusing for the most part. I think a tv ad for the show on tuesday nights sold at $630,000 I believe it was. I never really got into the second part of the show where the voting is involved because I think they already know who they want to put out their image.

I would agree that they are amusing, except I can't get over that those really aren't 1st round auditions, they are like 4-5 rnd's or something like that, Idol purposefully puts them through to the next round just because they want to make fools of them on TV so they ratings will go up. Call me crazy but thats just wrong. You make people that sux think there good and laugh at them :-t

American Idol and Everything Associated with it :-t :-t :-t
statsman88
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:08 am

statsman88 wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:I watched it tonight. I usually only watch for the auditions and then I usually tune it out. I find it amusing for the most part. I think a tv ad for the show on tuesday nights sold at $630,000 I believe it was. I never really got into the second part of the show where the voting is involved because I think they already know who they want to put out their image.

I would agree that they are amusing, except I can't get over that those really aren't 1st round auditions, they are like 4-5 rnd's or something like that, Idol purposefully puts them through to the next round just because they want to make fools of them on TV so they ratings will go up. Call me crazy but thats just wrong. You make people that sux think there good and laugh at them :-t

American Idol and Everything Associated with it :-t :-t :-t

But that's the whole point of the show. A comparatively small portion of the show is geared towards actually finding talent - the other 90% or so is this low-brow garbage of awful singers getting sniped at by Simon. These people are under no illusions that they're going to be famous - they know they suck. It's all a big dance, and for some reason most of America buys in to it.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:12 am

By the way, this just in, Clarkson will let them use her songs.

Seems she had a change of heart. :-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Arlo » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:10 pm

knapplc wrote:By the way, this just in, Clarkson will let them use her songs.

No, that would be Cyndi Lauper.

(And let the boos and hisses begin... :-b)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Arlo wrote:

That was baaaaad!

But in a good way. ;-D

Booooooooo Hissssssssss
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:14 pm

Arlo wrote:

Someone put the perverbial screws to her.

She caved like a fatty at a buffet
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk