Another coaching job taken... this time in STL - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Another coaching job taken... this time in STL

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Homeless » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:02 am

Have to agree, they should have gone defense. That offense is plenty powerful and Jackson will be that much better this yr than in 05. Defense!!!!!
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby CC » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:06 am

logan wrote:atleast he seemed to like to run the bal in miami as ricky and ronnie both had productive seasons (together and individually). could be a good thing for jackson owners.

When you have Gus Frerotte as your QB you have to like to run the ball. He is a big passing coach (former Vikings OC) and squeezed more out of Frerotte than most would have guessed and helped Chambers have his most productive season.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:20 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
logan wrote:atleast he seemed to like to run the bal in miami as ricky and ronnie both had productive seasons (together and individually). could be a good thing for jackson owners.

When you have Gus Frerotte as your QB you have to like to run the ball. He is a big passing coach (former Vikings OC) and squeezed more out of Frerotte than most would have guessed and helped Chambers have his most productive season.

i agree his vikes days as an OC were mostly passing attacks but he also didn't have someone with the talent of jackson and did have cpepp and moss. least this shows he could possibly balance both attacks when needed. guess i should have clearified my comment better.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Dadd » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:43 am

I think he's a great fit for St.Louis. He's maintain that offense, and the thought would be that if he can hire a good defensive cood then that would improve as well. As the Viking cood he did favor the passing attack (who wouldn't take advantage), but he did have a highly effective rushing attack even with the RB he had to work with. And Miami did have a balanced attack even with Frerotte as QB. I think its encouraging to have a coach that's adaptable with the personnel he has. He'll get the most out of St.Louis offense, rushing and passing.
Dadd
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moochman » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:58 am

logan wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:

i agree his vikes days as an OC were mostly passing attacks but he also didn't have someone with the talent of jackson and did have cpepp and moss. least this shows he could possibly balance both attacks when needed. guess i should have clearified my comment better.

I could be wrong, but I think that the Vikes were amongst the rushing leaders during Linehan's reign. If he can build an O-line in St Louie like he had in Minnie their O should be top notch.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:31 pm

He should definately do well offensively with that offense in STL. Their problem is still going to lie on the defensive side of the ball. I mean STL has always had a high powered offense the past few years. Hurt with injuries this year, but they still haven't had a good defense.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:08 pm

Official now.

Rams | Linehan named head coach
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:30:08 -0800

ESPNews reports the St. Louis Rams have named former Miami Dolphins offensive coordinator Scott Linehan as head coach. Linehan will be introduced at a press conference Friday, Jan. 20.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:25 pm

Linehan seems like a good fit for that team. If he does bring in Tice to be the OC though, you are probably going to see a different mentality than the preivous regime.

Off the top of my head:

SJax stock goes up.
Bulger probably stays the same, maybe down a touch in terms of passing yardage.
Holt is the big loser in a decreased passing game. He's still a top ten WR, just more towards the middle now.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cherrygarcia1911 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:16 pm

Has M.Martz been hired anywhere yet? He was really good for the Rams as a O.C. but not so much as a H.C.,too many "drunken uncle" calls like going for it instead of punting and going for 2pt conversions when it wasn't absoutely nessessary.He should prove to be an asset again as some teams O.C. though.

FF wise...in my 10 team redraft league...
1.Bulger in the late 2nd - late 3rd.{QB heavy scoring}
2.Holt and S.Jackson are both solid 2nd rders.
cherrygarcia1911
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby MadScott » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:46 pm

cherrygarcia1911 wrote:Has M.Martz been hired anywhere yet? He was really good for the Rams as a O.C. but not so much as a H.C.,too many "drunken uncle" calls like going for it instead of punting and going for 2pt conversions when it wasn't absoutely nessessary.He should prove to be an asset again as some teams O.C. though.

FF wise...in my 10 team redraft league...
1.Bulger in the late 2nd - late 3rd.{QB heavy scoring}
2.Holt and S.Jackson are both solid 2nd rders.
Martz hasn't been hired anywhere yet but if he doesn't get a HC job, he'll be a shoe in as OC somewhere.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk