Another coaching job taken... this time in STL - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Another coaching job taken... this time in STL

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VaderFin » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:45 pm

Linehan has already said he will call his own plays so whoever comes in as OC will be like how Childress was in Philly. Not calling the plays but helping with game plans and being the eyes up in the booth.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:57 pm

MadScott wrote:Martz hasn't been hired anywhere yet but if he doesn't get a HC job, he'll be a shoe in as OC somewhere.

I hate to say it, because I pray it doesn't happen, but Martz would seem like the perfect new OC for the Eagles at least in terms of play calling and philosophy.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby VaderFin » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:58 pm

maddog60 wrote:
MadScott wrote:Martz hasn't been hired anywhere yet but if he doesn't get a HC job, he'll be a shoe in as OC somewhere.

I hate to say it, because I pray it doesn't happen, but Martz would seem like the perfect new OC for the Eagles at least in terms of play calling and philosophy.

Except Andy Reid calls the plays and sure isn't going to let Martz come in and call them.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:00 pm

VaderFin wrote:Except Andy Reid calls the plays and sure isn't going to let Martz come in and call them.

True, but if their were any two offensive minded coaches who never want to run, it's those two, and that's what I meant. His play calling (run/pass ratio) would probably run similar to Reid's.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby MadScott » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:22 pm

maddog60 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Except Andy Reid calls the plays and sure isn't going to let Martz come in and call them.

True, but if their were any two offensive minded coaches who never want to run, it's those two, and that's what I meant. His play calling (run/pass ratio) would probably run similar to Reid's.
The attacks very though in philosophy. Martz is from the Don Coryell school of spread them out and throw it all over the place. Reid is from the WCO pedigree of Bill Walsh, short, controlled passing.

That being said, it would be an interesting fusion if it could be pulled off.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:39 pm

MadScott wrote:
maddog60 wrote:

The attacks very though in philosophy. Martz is from the Don Coryell school of spread them out and throw it all over the place. Reid is from the WCO pedigree of Bill Walsh, short, controlled passing.

That being said, it would be an interesting fusion if it could be pulled off.

Hehehehe... Don Coryell's school being SDSU. Back when we had a team...
sorry, I had to do it. i never miss an oppurtunity to plug my crappy school.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Your Hero » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:21 am

Crimedogg32 wrote:whats with these offensive coordintors on below average offensive teams getting head coaching jobs? I dont know how he did in Miami but he seemed to make alot of boneheaded calls for the Vikings

He completely revived the Miami offense with Gus Ferotte at QB. I believe the Phins were 14th (?) in total offense in 2005.
Your Hero
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:15 am

Your Hero wrote:
Crimedogg32 wrote:whats with these offensive coordintors on below average offensive teams getting head coaching jobs? I dont know how he did in Miami but he seemed to make alot of boneheaded calls for the Vikings

He completely revived the Miami offense with Gus Ferotte at QB. I believe the Phins were 14th (?) in total offense in 2005.

no kidding. Plus, he did awfully well in Minny prior to his stint in the Dolphins. I still say his offense was a bit tired in Miami, but so were the players.

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby MadScott » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:32 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:Hehehehe... Don Coryell's school being SDSU. Back when we had a team...

:-?

Great so now SDSU can claim Coryell and whistle shots then? :-b
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:33 pm

MadScott wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:Hehehehe... Don Coryell's school being SDSU. Back when we had a team...

:-?

Great so now SDSU can claim Coryell and whistle shots then? :-b

Actually, SDSU lays claim to some of the NFL's better coaches, like Joe Gibbs (argh! that's painful), John Fox and Herm Edwards.

Better than what SLO claims, which is... um... what does SLO claim? :-]

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk