Walter Cronkite marries Dear Prudence ? ? ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Walter Cronkite marries Dear Prudence ? ? ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Siouxsie » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:24 am

I would suggest .. if you are so inclined ..
to go to LimeWire (music site)
and download the song POWER
written by Johanna Hall
(the wife of John Hall from Hall & Oates)
and performed at the No Nukes concert
with the Doobie Brothers
and many others including
sweet baby James Taylor
and Carly Simon
daughter of Simon of Simom & Shuster fame.

IT IS A GREAT SONG!!!![/b]
judge me if you must !
Siouxsie
Water Boy
Water Boy

User avatar

Posts: 92
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: key west, florida

Postby Siouxsie » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:31 am

(John and Johanna Hall)
[Chorus:]
Just give me the warm power of the sun
Give me the steady flow of a waterfall
Give me the spirit of living things as they return to clay.
Just give me the restless power of the wind
Give me the comforting glow of a wood fire
But please take all of your atomic poison power away.

Everybody needs some power I'm told
To shield them from the darkness and the cold
Some may see a way to take control when it's bought and sold.

I know that lives are at stake
Yours and mine and our descendants in time.
There's so much to gain, so much to lose
Everyone of us has to choose.

[Chorus]

We are only now beginning to see
How delicate the balance of nature can be
The limits of her ways have been defined
and we've crossed that line.

Some don't even care or know that we'll pay
But we have seen the face of death in our day.
There's so little time to change our ways
If only we together can say

[Chorus]

All of your atomic poison power
All of your atomic poison power
Away.
judge me if you must !
Siouxsie
Water Boy
Water Boy

User avatar

Posts: 92
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: key west, florida

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:39 am

WickedSmaat wrote:I wonder what'd it'd be like for me to even know who these people are :-?

Seriously - do we get to make fun of WS for this? This is amazing...
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:42 am

knapplc wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:I wonder what'd it'd be like for me to even know who these people are :-?

Seriously - do we get to make fun of WS for this? This is amazing...


I consulted the magic 8 ball and it told me "YES"
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8272
Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:47 am

Redskins Win wrote:
knapplc wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:I wonder what'd it'd be like for me to even know who these people are :-?

Seriously - do we get to make fun of WS for this? This is amazing...


I consulted the magic 8 ball and it told me "YES"

Okaaaay, but only because the Magic 8 Ball said I had to...

Wicked, you need to change your name to WickedUninformed, or WickedClueless or WickedUnawareOfHistoricallyImportantNames. Just because you're seven years old doesn't mean that you get a pass for not knowing who Carly Simon is, and you deserve to go to bed without dinner for not knowing who Walter Cronkite is.

Some people's kids! :-?
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby Homeless » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:04 pm

"If we've lost Cronkite, we've lost the Country"
Image
Image
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 10011
Joined: 21 Aug 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:06 pm

Um...wasn't it Darryl Hall (the one everyone remembers) and John Oates (the guy who looked like an Oak Ridge Boy/porn reject)? :-? They were one of my favorite groups from the 80s.

I think we have some mixed up names here. :-S
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 12045
Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Castle, PA

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:08 pm

knapplc wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
knapplc wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:I wonder what'd it'd be like for me to even know who these people are :-?

Seriously - do we get to make fun of WS for this? This is amazing...


I consulted the magic 8 ball and it told me "YES"

Okaaaay, but only because the Magic 8 Ball said I had to...

Wicked, you need to change your name to WickedUninformed, or WickedClueless or WickedUnawareOfHistoricallyImportantNames. Just because you're seven years old doesn't mean that you get a pass for not knowing who Carly Simon is, and you deserve to go to bed without dinner for not knowing who Walter Cronkite is.

Some people's kids! :-?


I think I'm more inclined to change my name to that one if anything.

I told you though that I already knew who Walter Cronkite was. I'm just a little shady on Carly Simon because I didn't grow up in the 60's ;-7
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8165
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Siouxsie » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:14 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Um...wasn't it Darryl Hall (the one everyone remembers) and John Oates (the guy who looked like an Oak Ridge Boy/porn reject)? :-? They were one of my favorite groups from the 80s.

I think we have some mixed up names here. :-S




Sir, I read this and started laughing .. the Redskins' Kicker is John Hall. Plus what you say sounds right ..
but look at the names on this:
http://www.lyricsdownload.com/peter-pau ... yrics.html

Now I'm really confused! :~(
judge me if you must !
Siouxsie
Water Boy
Water Boy

User avatar

Posts: 92
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: key west, florida

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:20 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
knapplc wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:I wonder what'd it'd be like for me to even know who these people are :-?

Seriously - do we get to make fun of WS for this? This is amazing...


I consulted the magic 8 ball and it told me "YES"

Okaaaay, but only because the Magic 8 Ball said I had to...

Wicked, you need to change your name to WickedUninformed, or WickedClueless or WickedUnawareOfHistoricallyImportantNames. Just because you're seven years old doesn't mean that you get a pass for not knowing who Carly Simon is, and you deserve to go to bed without dinner for not knowing who Walter Cronkite is.

Some people's kids! :-?


I think I'm more inclined to change my name to that one if anything.

I told you though that I already knew who Walter Cronkite was. I'm just a little shady on Carly Simon because I didn't grow up in the 60's ;-7

OK! ;-D
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 18:48 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact