US Women's hockey - a new low - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

US Women's hockey - a new low

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:10 am

Homeless wrote:I'd like to see one of the Williams sister play in mens tennis. Like to see the feminist crowd take a whooping :-b

Their window of competitiveness is closing too. At the Aussie Open Venus lost in the first round, and Serena just lost in the third round. Sharapova and other teenagers will be taking over in 1-2 years.

Looks like the Williamses may need to market those handbags and dresses after all... :-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:31 am

Mercer Boy wrote:
Homeless wrote:I'd like to see one of the Williams sister play in mens tennis. Like to see the feminist crowd take a whooping :-b

Their window of competitiveness is closing too. At the Aussie Open Venus lost in the first round, and Serena just lost in the third round. Sharapova and other teenagers will be taking over in 1-2 years.

Looks like the Williamses may need to market those handbags and dresses after all... :-D

I was gonna say right now, it seems the Williams' can not even beat the girls, so no need bringing in the men to play 'em quite yet. They seem more focused on all their other gigs.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:18 pm

Michelle Wie better watch out and stay away from the Bon Bons, a lesson Serena has not learned.

VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nilmerf » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:54 pm

This isn't really news. A Triple-A Bantam hockey team (high school age) can also beat the Canadian women's team more often than not. To be honest, I am probably a better player than most of the pro-women.. despite not making it anywhere near the NHL level. I'm not knocking women's hockey, they do their best and I enjoyed watching it in the 2002 Olympics.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby josebach » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:10 pm

Nilmerf wrote:This isn't really news. A Triple-A Bantam hockey team (high school age) can also beat the Canadian women's team more often than not. To be honest, I am probably a better player than most of the pro-women.. despite not making it anywhere near the NHL level. I'm not knocking women's hockey, they do their best and I enjoyed watching it in the 2002 Olympics.

Yeah, it's not about knocking women. There's just somethings that men are better suited for physically. There's also some things that women are better suited for physically... if you know what I mean... Giddity, Giddity, Giddity. :-B
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby SniperShot » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:26 pm

josebach wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:Yet, Michelle Wie is playing in men's tournaments at the hopes of her getting to the third day. Last week she played in a tournament and was like +9 the first day. I think she did OK the second day (tied for lowest round or close to it), but still...she would basically have to play two perfect rounds for her to make it. She's also playing on her home courses which she should know fairly well.

I though Michelle Wie playing in men's tournaments is kind of a joke. Arguably the best woman golfer of all time Anika Sorenstam, played in a men's tournament and couldn't make the cut, yet Michelle Wie is going to play against the men without having won even a LPGA event? Come on.
It is a joke! People love hyping it up. If she ever makes the cut (which she probably will) it will be on the front page of every sports section everywhere. And it’s a huge money maker for the PGA, people love watching her try to make the cut or even play... Oh well what can you say. I think her playing in the Masters would suck honestly. Maybe I'm just angry at her because she's one of the few real athletes who is younger then me. Isn't she 16? At least a year younger than me... And I'm a golfer so that makes it twice as bad.

Listen up WIE: Go win one on the LPGA links first and make a name for yourself. You have 25+ years of ripe golf left don't rush it trying to make a cut and struggle and look like a fool.[/rant]

...Ok... that had a lot to do with the womens olympic hockey team... Sorry!
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Flockers » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:03 pm

Warroad is one of the better teams in the state. We took the Warroad tournament though.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:59 pm

I'm sure its the deal with basketball teams too. A good high school boys team would probably beat even a woman's pro team. If that high school team happens to have one of those b-ball prodigies, its GG for the women more than likely. Its why I don't care for women's sports: the talent level is so much lower, I might as well watch varsity high school sports. Its mostly a novelty.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Santacruzer » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:15 am

Nilmerf wrote:This isn't really news. A Triple-A Bantam hockey team (high school age) can also beat the Canadian women's team more often than not. To be honest, I am probably a better player than most of the pro-women.. despite not making it anywhere near the NHL level. I'm not knocking women's hockey, they do their best and I enjoyed watching it in the 2002 Olympics.

You can't knock anything about Canadian Hockey!! :-) , women or not, they wiil kick some......Butt!!

We OWN hockey, and the Gold medals prove it.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby josebach » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:32 am

Santacruzer wrote:

You can't knock anything about Canadian Hockey!! :-) , women or not, they wiil kick some......Butt!!

We OWN hockey, and the Gold medals prove it.

Just like people in Hawaii OWN surfing. I wonder why? :-?
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk