Dont you hate when this happens!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Dont you hate when this happens!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dont you hate when this happens!!!

Postby CHE » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:16 pm

I quit my job 2 weeks ago, and I went and droped my Rusume off at Safeway right after . I though I had a pretty good interview, and the manger said he'll get back to me with in the week. Week goes by, so i though they gave the job to somone else. So couple days ago I handed my Rusume to a couple good restaurants. I had a pretty good interview with the chef and he said he'll call me back within the week. He calls me back on thursday and sets up another interview for yesterday (friday) , So i go down there yesterday and have about a 2 hour introduction to the damm job :-b Then today I wake up and freakin safeway calls me to see if wanted the job still :-° :-° Thanks for calling me 2 1/2 weeks later :-P

Had to vent!!!
If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine.- Ernesto Che Guevara
CHE
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikus » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:20 pm

yeah, i applied for a job once with UPS. they called me back about 3 weeks after the interview asking if i still wanted the job. by the time they called, i was already working for the DEQ.

i got the better end of the deal anyway ;-D
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby tcpain » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:23 pm

Sorry Che!!! I have been lucky enough to have had the same job for 8 years running. I feel for ya man!!!
Brad Edmonston
Commissioner-Real Deal NFFL, Real Deal MLB, Real Deal CFFD (Dynasty)
cburgess6@comcast.net
Co-Commissioner-Real Deal vs. Cafe (Real Deal = 1 / Cafe = 0)
tcpain
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Web Supporter

Postby SniperShot » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:33 pm

Yeah some people are losers. Gotta show you will care about your employees by showing you care about the common person. If it takes them 2.5 weeks to call you back will it take them 2.5 weeks late to give you your paycheck? Or will they let you go after 2.5 weeks? Some company's just don't get it. Don't work for them go work for the chef. ;-D
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby CHE » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:35 pm

tcpain wrote:Sorry Che!!! I have been lucky enough to have had the same job for 8 years running. I feel for ya man!!!

Im 19 yrs old, so its hard to find a good job. Safeway , i woulda started out $12.00 a hour, and thats good wages for my age. Also i woulda been in a union, plus it would look good on my rusume working there . Im making about $3.00 less but i have a better shot at moving up in my newjob in the kitchen after a couple months, plus I like my hours better. Not to mention I get $10 free for meals. ;-D
If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine.- Ernesto Che Guevara
CHE
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WickedSmaat » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:27 am

$10? Why buy a meal when you could just make one? ;) No need to pay for it when you do the labor :-b
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Homeless » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:23 am

Hey, be glad you got both jobs, lots of kids your age cant get one. Well done and youre right about hating the potential employer who doesnt get back to you. Sadly you will grow to hate almost everything about almost every employer :-b
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby hastur » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:52 pm

It's always wise to call the manager after 5-6 days and inquire about your application.
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby CHE » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:07 pm

hastur wrote:It's always wise to call the manager after 5-6 days and inquire about your application.

LOL, i hate doing that though. :-o }:-)

$10? Why buy a meal when you could just make one?

I get $10 free for a meal every day i work. And i get a 15% discount card ;-D
CHE
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to General Talk