Edgerrin James: FA? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Edgerrin James: FA?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Edgerrin James: FA?

Postby michaelavelli » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:44 pm

From Rotoworld...

Edgerrin James - RB - Colts

The Indianapolis Star doesn't expect Edgerrin James to be with the Colts in 2006.
Because of the uncapped 2007 season, teams will have to "frontload" deals, causing immediate salary cap hits when a marquee free agent signs. The Colts can't squeeze Reggie Wayne and James in, so Edge is likely to go. Indianapolis could look for a running back in the draft. Jan. 22 - 11:49 am et
michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Atog » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:47 pm

If the Colts have to pick between Edge and Wayne, I think there is no doubt that they'll be taking Edge. He's vital to the Colts offense, and I doubt that another RB could be nearly as effective.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mikus » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:51 pm

geeeeez ... why couldn't this news come out yesterday??? i just drafted edge in my dynasty league :-o
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby VaderFin » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:03 pm

Atog wrote:If the Colts have to pick between Edge and Wayne, I think there is no doubt that they'll be taking Edge. He's vital to the Colts offense, and I doubt that another RB could be nearly as effective.

I disagree. The Colts would 1. Have to pay Wayne less (Which is important with Freeney out there) and 2. Would have an easier time finding a quality RB in free agency or the draft then they would a WR. IF they only keep one I think it will be Wayne.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beerman648 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:03 pm

Yea I declared him as one of my keepers :~( . I see no reason as to why get rid of him, he has great talent and needed skill over the others. Why get rid of your club leading rushing holder? If he does leave that could be better for him getting his name out and not being overshadow like recent years with Manning and Harrison.
yea i am a cheerleader. go team!!! give me a texans suck. go team! My top 2 favorite teams are in the top 5 picks(texans and titans).
beerman648
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby skibrett15 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:04 pm

The only way i can forsee Edge being on the Colts is if the NFL players association signs a contract with the NFL to extend the salary cap and make deal working more doable.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:18 pm

i dont see him coming back to indy next year. There are a few teams that could be very interesting with him. I personally wouldnt mind seeing him in a carolina uniform. let foster go and have davis retire, might create enough room to bring him in. With stevie smith and edge, things could be nasty in carolina for other teams.
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:37 pm

Wow. i really didnt think that they would let Edge go. Who would they be looking at getting? They couldnt get any big name guys if they wanted to get rid of Edge because of cap issues. Anyone have a list of FA running backs?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:46 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Wow. i really didnt think that they would let Edge go. Who would they be looking at getting? They couldnt get any big name guys if they wanted to get rid of Edge because of cap issues. Anyone have a list of FA running backs?

They got Rhodes and Mungro. If you watch Edge run anymore, you dont see the cuts and making people miss. Hes a straight ahead runner. Assumming Rhodes and/or Mungro can find the holes, they'd be just as successful as Edge.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:49 pm

you dont think they would draft or pick an rb in free agency?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk