Pictures - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Pictures

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pictures

Postby LukeW9027 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:52 pm

I have some smaller pictures that i would like to make bigger without distorting it so badly, i want to print them off, but these images look like sh** when i make them bigger

Does anybody know a way to make pictures bigger without screwing it up? like a comp program or something?

The Future is here
LukeW9027
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: "In Greek Mythology,The Titans were even greater than the gods" Coach Boone

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:09 pm

You can't go from smaller to bigger without reducing the quality as far as I know.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jayday » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:09 pm

If there aren't many pixels in the photo to start off with, it is very hard to make them bigger without distorting them...sorry :-/
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Lushcrush » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:12 pm

It's like selling a car ... you can always go down but you can't go back up.
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:25 am

I think you're out of luck. If your pic isn't hi-res enough you're never going to get good quality out of a blow-up. You only have so much information to work with in those pixels. By blowing up your photo you're just making individual pixels stretch to two or three pixels.

You could do something with the "blur" tool on Photoshop, but in the end you're just going to make your pictures look kind of "plastic" by doing that - probably not what you want.

Have you considered asking this question in the Logos forum? There are many graphics experts there who could answer this question better than we could. It's worth a shot.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk