Steve Smith vs. Terrell Owens - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Steve Smith vs. Terrell Owens

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:29 am

Quote from eaglesrule
True. He didn't have to beat his ass, then go into the locker room and say "who else wants some?" and stare donovan down though, either.....

So you’re saying that this non-player goes into the locker room and challenges a player to a fight and TO is at fault because he blows up at him? Is Reid at all in control of the locker room? Why would he allow that to happen? Do you think that it was a spur of the moment thing? Reid had to have seen trouble coming, but maybe he wanted to get rid of a malcontent and knew this would be the final straw. That isn’t being very supportive, nor was the whole contract posturing in the off season. Reid didn’t seem to believe TO when he said he would be there, but he wouldn’t be happy. He was more concerned with drawing his line in the sand and watching the team lose a chance to win.

At the end of the day it was still TO's fault, not the Eagles. To argue otherwise is to say it is your fault your car got stolen because you left it unlocked. Maybe it wasn't wise, but they aren't to balme.

No, to argue otherwise would be more like saying it the cars fault it wouldn’t start in December when the previous owner told you it had troubles starting in cold weather. Point being, Reid and the Iggles were well aware of the troubled past of TO, and for them blame TO is silly becuase he was acting in character. And they did nothing to try to prevent or minimize the problems.

I think that is kind of asisnine (sorry).

You don't have to apologize, it lacks sincerity. I disagreed with you, offering up a differing viewpoint. Playing Devil's advocate as it were. Your response is to call someone's thoughts assinine, ignorant, or whatever. I wouldn't pretend to know as much about your team as you, but at the same time you should try to allow that sometimes distance can lead to a different perspective and just respect that for what it is. An opinion.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:05 am

understood, I shouldn't have called it asinine. Ignorant, I feel is an adequate adjective for those who are misinformed. Ignorant is not the same as stupid.

But you know to say "You should have expected it" msappropriates blame, and is a logical fallacy. At the end of the day, He threw the QB that clamored for him under the bus, broke rules that were explained to him at the singing of the contract, challenged others to a fight, and did all of these things. At the end of all this, who is more to blame The team? when owens "sincerely" said he learned his lesson in San Franscisco and promised to turn over a new leaf, and said "everyone deserves a second chance" etc. So to be repaid by giving this second chance, this is how he acts?

I think most people understand that the party in the wrong here was Owens.

Aslo, incicentally Douglass was on the team payroll, so he has as much right to be in the locker room as anyone else. For his part, he apologized, and It hink hugh screwed up. That still doens't absolove TO from challenging others to a fight, especially his qb.

to say "they did nothing" is factually incorrect. They let a lot slide with him, and gave him every behind the doors chance to rectify the bad behavior etc. I can't abide by that statement. The fans, his teammates etc loved and supported him. The contract that he demanded be renogiated was the straw that started it, and when he didn't get hsi way "vowed to cause a disruption". Him saying such things are a matter of record, not conjecture. sop absically, it is the eagles fault that they didn't let themselves get hijacked? How does that work again?
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby fantasizing » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:49 pm

S. Smith was the best reciever in the NFL THIS SEASON. But he's got a long way to go before he can be compared to TO and what TO has done is his career. TO is clearly the best WR in football...better than Moss too.

Case closed.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:19 pm

fantasizing wrote:S. Smith was the best reciever in the NFL THIS SEASON. But he's got a long way to go before he can be compared to TO and what TO has done is his career. TO is clearly the best WR in football...better than Moss too.

Case closed.

I was going to make an arguement but then I realised fantasizing has just closed the thread. Too bad, I had over 10,000 words and the definitive answer to this question.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:26 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
fantasizing wrote:S. Smith was the best reciever in the NFL THIS SEASON. But he's got a long way to go before he can be compared to TO and what TO has done is his career. TO is clearly the best WR in football...better than Moss too.

Case closed.

I was going to make an arguement but then I realised fantasizing has just closed the thread. Too bad, I had over 10,000 words and the definitive answer to this question.

lol classic! :-b
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk