The Ultimate Cafe Super Bowl. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Ultimate Cafe Super Bowl.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:03 am

17-10 Seahawks. Lofa Tatupu MVP. ;-D
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:16 am

23-17 Seahawks in the 1st ever OT Super Bowl game.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:44 am

Well for years I have ran and enjoyed SB parties at my restaurants, obviously my team has never made it, so this is a first for me to be watching a team that I call my own.
There have been teams that I like and really cheer for in the SuperBowl but every year I say the same thing,,,,"Just be a good game", and those words are my exact sentiments this year. Naturally I want my team to win. The questions I have been getting asked about what am I gonna do (get really drunk or not really), about my thoughts and I never really imagined me saying that I just want it to be like everyother SuperBowl party I have ever enjoyed, I want good food, great friends a great game and lots of beer. geez I am rambling on about nothing now,,,anyhow, Good luck to all Steeler fans you deserve this as much as Seahawk fans, lets just hope we are blessed with a 'GREAT SUPERBOWL".

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

The 12th man will be there!!!! (kinda) ;-) ;-D
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:11 am

First off congrats to both teams and their fans here at the Cafe. I dont think there is any way the Seahawks can stop the Bus at home. Steelers roll, 23-14.

As for the 12th man for the Hawks, i know all of my buddies and alot of the people here in Detroit want Bettis to get his trophy in his homecoming. So i would say the people of Detroit are pulling more for the Steelers and the Bus.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby biju » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:05 am

mutantseabass wrote:As for the 12th man for the Hawks, i know all of my buddies and alot of the people here in Detroit want Bettis to get his trophy in his homecoming. So i would say the people of Detroit are pulling more for the Steelers and the Bus.

It doesn't matter how many people in Detroit are pulling for Jerome Bettis, just how many people at Ford Field are pulling for him. Remember we have a ton of rich software programmers out here who can afford those tickets...

;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:10 am

biju wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:As for the 12th man for the Hawks, i know all of my buddies and alot of the people here in Detroit want Bettis to get his trophy in his homecoming. So i would say the people of Detroit are pulling more for the Steelers and the Bus.

It doesn't matter how many people in Detroit are pulling for Jerome Bettis, just how many people at Ford Field are pulling for him. Remember we have a ton of rich software programmers out here who can afford those tickets...

;-D

Pittsburgh fans travel well and there are alot of Steelers fans here in Detroit.

What are you saying that Detroiters cant afford tickets to the Superbowl???

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:24 am

mutantseabass wrote:
biju wrote:

;-D

Pittsburgh fans travel well and there are alot of Steelers fans here in Detroit.

Yea....part of the reason PIT is so good on the road is because their fans will go anywhere and they always have a good amount of people there. There will be plenty of Steelers fans at that game.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby biju » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:25 am

mutantseabass wrote:
biju wrote:

;-D

Not at all. Just don't fool yourself into thinking that the folks here won't show up because it's far away. Most of us have been waiting 30 years for this day to come and will do anything possible to get out there. In some cases the money isn't much of an obstacle.

:-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:33 am

biju wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:
biju wrote:

;-D

Not at all. Just don't fool yourself into thinking that the folks here won't show up because it's far away. Most of us have been waiting 30 years for this day to come and will do anything possible to get out there. In some cases the money isn't much of an obstacle.

:-D

Yea, i dont think he means any disrespect, but if you were from around this area you would understand what he means.....there is a ton of computer money floatin around this area for engineers and programmers.....i'm 21, a software engineer and in my 1st year make as much as most 30 year olds do, but i dont think i will muster it up for the game.

Either way i still think there will be a big steeler advantage at the game.....good luck to both teams!!!!
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby moochman » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:28 pm

There can be no doubt that both teams have very passionate fans and traveling to the SB shouldn't be an issue for either. I was very happy to see both teams make it to the big game because their fans are so great. I think they just might get wrapped up in the euphoria of being in the SB they might not concentrate so much at picking at the pitfalls of the City of Detroit.

Good luck to both teams and congratulations on a fantastic season. ;-D ;-D ;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk