Keys to the Game:Superbowl - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Keys to the Game:Superbowl

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:35 am

mysticphysh wrote:
fantasizing wrote:Some of you Steelers fans are something else. I mean claiming that Seattle has no chance is obsurd. Pittsburgh is beatable...Cinni put up 38 points on them IN Pittsburgh this season. They are good, but they're not that good. And Seattle's offense in my opinion is the best in the league...better than the Colts. Good luck manhandling the left side of Seattle's offensive line.

A team that has gone 15-3 this season has "no chance" against the almighty Pittsburgh Steelers.........lol......

The Steelers almost didn't make the playoffs....

Seattle is gonna win this game. They are destined to win the superbowl this season. That's my "keys" to the game.LOL

Wow...you landblast the steeler fans for being confident in their team and then argue "destiny"? Awesome job ;-D

Just remember, everybody said the Colts were a team of destiny this year....and that went well. :-?

Don't remind me. :,-(
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mysticphysh » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:40 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:
fantasizing wrote:Some of you Steelers fans are something else. I mean claiming that Seattle has no chance is obsurd. Pittsburgh is beatable...Cinni put up 38 points on them IN Pittsburgh this season. They are good, but they're not that good. And Seattle's offense in my opinion is the best in the league...better than the Colts. Good luck manhandling the left side of Seattle's offensive line.

A team that has gone 15-3 this season has "no chance" against the almighty Pittsburgh Steelers.........lol......

Seattle is gonna win this game. They are destined to win the superbowl this season. That's my "keys" to the game.LOL

Wow...you landblast the steeler fans for being confident in their team and then argue "destiny"? Awesome job ;-D

Just remember, everybody said the Colts were a team of destiny this year....and that went well. :-?

Need a hug? :-b
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:46 am

mysticphysh wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:

Need a hug? :-b

Dude, I need Jim Harbaugh.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mysticphysh » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:48 am

And Baltimore maybe? :-b
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:50 am

mysticphysh wrote:And Baltimore maybe? :-b

Funny, I became a Colts fan in 1985, just after they moved from there. Maybe I jinxed 'em. :-?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby mysticphysh » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:52 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:And Baltimore maybe? :-b

Funny, I became a Colts fan in 1985, just after they moved from there. Maybe I jinxed 'em. :-?

Nah, they jinxed themselves. The karma followed them for up and moving in the middle of the night without warning their fans. :*)
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby biju » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:35 am

It's funny, I just realized that Seattle has actually been through this before. In 1991 the UW Huskies tied for the national title with Miami. When people on the East Coast were asked why they chose Miami over Washington they confessed that they had never watched a Washington game before but it would be difficult to believe there was a team better than Miami.

3 years later there was a ton of talk about a Miami team that had a record streak of home games won. This was a team that was still on top of the national polls. The Huskies, on the other hand, had fallen from their perch atop the Pac 10 and were no longer considered a dominant team. The two were scheduled to meet but few people put significance on the game as Miami, a team supposedly better than it's '91 counterpart, was expected to roll over the Huskies.

Final score: Huskies 38, Hurricanes 20. The Hurricanes' home winning streak was over.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby jh2031 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:24 pm

biju wrote:It's funny, I just realized that Seattle has actually been through this before. In 1991 the UW Huskies tied for the national title with Miami. When people on the East Coast were asked why they chose Miami over Washington they confessed that they had never watched a Washington game before but it would be difficult to believe there was a team better than Miami.

3 years later there was a ton of talk about a Miami team that had a record streak of home games won. This was a team that was still on top of the national polls. The Huskies, on the other hand, had fallen from their perch atop the Pac 10 and were no longer considered a dominant team. The two were scheduled to meet but few people put significance on the game as Miami, a team supposedly better than it's '91 counterpart, was expected to roll over the Huskies.

Final score: Huskies 38, Hurricanes 20. The Hurricanes' home winning streak was over.

No offense, but what does this have anything to do with Steelers/Seahawks? I don't really care what UW did to Miami...was it in the NFL?
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:31 pm

Pittsburgh could lose because Detroit will be like a home game to them. Seems like they play a lot better on the road.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby biju » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:37 pm

jh2031 wrote:
biju wrote:It's funny, I just realized that Seattle has actually been through this before. In 1991 the UW Huskies tied for the national title with Miami. When people on the East Coast were asked why they chose Miami over Washington they confessed that they had never watched a Washington game before but it would be difficult to believe there was a team better than Miami.

No offense, but what does this have anything to do with Steelers/Seahawks? I don't really care what UW did to Miami...was it in the NFL?

Everyone pegs a hyped up east coast team to take down the lowly west coast team.

Seriously, I just saw someone write something in a different thread like "Being a Cincinnati fan I know Steelers football..." but it makes no mention of knowing anything about Seattle's game. My point was to merely express that I think a lot of people (media included) are looking at the Steelers and their history and thinking a team with no Superbowl history can beat them. It's quite silly...
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk