same here... you have my contact info.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:34 am

Sounds fine, but I will be outta touch Memorial Day weekend. Not sure if you want to 'take that weekend off' since I may not be the only one or not. But I am sure we can make it work somehow. ;-D

Just giving a headsup a bit in advance. :-)
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MeShawn » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:50 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Sounds fine, but I will be outta touch Memorial Day weekend. Not sure if you want to 'take that weekend off' since I may not be the only one or not. But I am sure we can make it work somehow. ;-D

Good call. Hopefully we should be done with the draft by then, but if we're not, we'll just stop the draft timer for that weekend.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:33 pm

MeShawn wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Sounds fine, but I will be outta touch Memorial Day weekend. Not sure if you want to 'take that weekend off' since I may not be the only one or not. But I am sure we can make it work somehow. ;-D

Good call. Hopefully we should be done with the draft by then, but if we're not, we'll just stop the draft timer for that weekend.

Thanks MeShawn. It will be my youngest son's baptism that weekend and my folks, wife's folks, and other family will be all in town. I appreciate it man. ;-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MeShawn » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:38 am

I was a little bored, so I just scanned through the rosters. Here are my brief thoughts.

34=Sweetness: Big names switching teams - Edge and Terrell. Solid team, but a lack of a #2/#3 WR and a TE will prevent another championship appearance.
SwiperNoSwiping: This is one stud-filled team. The WR's can make up for the giant hole at #2 RB. Looks great for this year, but this team is getting old.
Kanezfan11: Not flashy, but decent. If Javon is healthy and DeShaun/Ricky can be a solid #3 RB, this is a final four team.
Dr. Duran Duran: Solid. But a little shakey at #2 QB and #2 RB. I don't trust Tatem Bell to stay healthy all season.
Mustangs989: In my mind, the weakest of last year's playoff teams. Collins, Warner, and Priest are all done, leaving a team needing to rebuild.
Portisfan24: Definately one of the top teams. Ronnie will be #1 RB, while the next 3-4 RB's act as a solid #2. It's always a bonus to have Gates on your team.
ljthockey: Unbelievable combo of RB's - it's just ridiculous. Should probably look for a potential franchise QB in the draft.
MeShawn: I have a chance to make some noise this year, but 2007 is probably more likely. My success likely hinges on Kevin Jones (or whether I can get a #3 RB).
deluxe_247: This team will be very strong in 2007. Great core in C-Pepp, McGahee, CJ, and Fitz. A lot depends if his first round pick can fill in a hole at #2 RB.
joshyboy72: No one got hurt more by the NFL draft than joshyboy. His two RB's - Deuce and Chris Brown are both likely to be involed in RBBC. With a good rookie draft, he can be competitive in 2007.
kevinoc81: This is a dynasty in the making. Eli, Lamont, DD, and 3 first round picks. This team will dominate in a year or two.
no1cowboysfan: He caught some bad luck last season and is in 100% rebuilding mode. Reggie Bush will definately help this team, but this team is two years away from competiting.

Top 3 for 2006 (no particular order):
ljthockey, portisfan24, SwiperNoSwiping
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Postby joshyboy72 » Thu May 11, 2006 3:56 pm

I'm here and ready for the draft

have to agree with your comments there MeShawn...I knew taking Chris Brown last year was a gamble :~(

( and by the way I am considering the offer you sent me)
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Sat May 13, 2006 2:13 pm

Don't we need to trim our rosters down?
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MeShawn » Sat May 13, 2006 6:04 pm

portisfan24 wrote:Don't we need to trim our rosters down?

Nope, not yet.

Keepers & Cuts
Throughout the offseason, roster size is unlimited. In August, we will have a final cut where you have to trim your roster to exactly 23 players.

Joshyboy originally had idea of having just one set of cuts, rather than two.
http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/v ... p?t=215338
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Postby joshyboy72 » Sun May 14, 2006 2:33 pm

are we all set to roll? (tomorrow, of course) ;-D
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby MeShawn » Sun May 14, 2006 4:05 pm

Yup, I'll set up the draft thread and then email no1cowboysfan and kevinoc.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to NFL's Finest