Need help downloading - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Need help downloading

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Need help downloading

Postby Flockers » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:47 pm

I figured this is the place to post my question since it's semi-related. I'm trying to download some different taskbar styles from deviantART and I don't know how. What exactly am I supposed to do? I have no idea where to save them or anything.

Please help! :-°
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Posts: 4257
Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Corey Amaral » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:56 pm

yea i cant download brushes or ne thing either...i dunno if its cuz i have a mac or wat...but when i "download to desktop" it get all this shit that doesnt make sense in a new window...HELP!
Image
Corey Amaral
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 120
Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Boston, MA

Postby South Park Cows » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:59 pm

Corey Amaral wrote:yea i cant download brushes or ne thing either...i dunno if its cuz i have a mac or wat...but when i "download to desktop" it get all this shit that doesnt make sense in a new window...HELP!


Yeah, I've been having this problem lately as well (I'm on a mac too). When I download brushes now it turns into .abr.txt files, since my Photoshop won't work with .abr files for some reason.
Image
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2257
Joined: 2 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby washamur » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:01 pm

If your talking about themes for Windows XP -- your gonna need 1 of 3 files.

A) UxTheme.dll file - Not the hardest thing to do, but it's a file you download, run, and as long as your running SP2, makes it where you can change your desktop themes ... and it's FREE

B) StyleXP - A free trial program that runs in the processes, can be found at tgtsoft.com's webpage.

C) WindowBlinds - Free, but limited - the pay version has everything. Problem is, you can only use WindowBlinds themes, which are found @ WinCustomize.org. Some of the best themes available are on WB though.

Anyhow ... of the 3 above, I chose to install the UxTheme.dll file. I was a little hesitant about it, since it is a file installed to your Registry .. and can screw some stuff up if not done right. It was without a doubt the least constrictive.

Hope this helps ;)

EDIT: Nevermind - just ignore me ... I saw the words "Taskbar Styles" ... and thought you meant the taskbar on your desktop, hence the assumption you were referring to XP Themes. - sorry
Image
QB-BigBen Delhomme Edwards Quinn
RB-LJ Gore DMAC CJohnson Slaton
WR-Driver Chambers Bowe Brown
TE-Gates
K-Prater
5-IDP's
washamur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 676
Joined: 28 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: West Texas

Postby Flockers » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:25 pm

I was referring to the desktop taskbar.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Posts: 4257
Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:23 am

South Park Cows wrote:
Corey Amaral wrote:yea i cant download brushes or ne thing either...i dunno if its cuz i have a mac or wat...but when i "download to desktop" it get all this shit that doesnt make sense in a new window...HELP!


Yeah, I've been having this problem lately as well (I'm on a mac too). When I download brushes now it turns into .abr.txt files, since my Photoshop won't work with .abr files for some reason.


The files that you download from deviantART are zipped files what you need is something that extracts it. I myself am on a powerbook(and actually just bought a mac mini that is on it's way) and basically what you need is the StuffIt expander. It says it's like $80 or whatever, but I downloaded the free trial and kept it on my computer and it still works to this day when I want brushes from deviant. I've had it for about 3 months I believe(my trial should be over). This way, now you can extract the needed files and just drag/drop to your Photoshop Brushes. God I love Macs ;-D And I don't understand why .abr doesn't work for your PS SPC, cause it is its main file for brushes, assuming you have any of the CS versions.

Now as for you Flockers, I have no idea what the heck you're talking about :-?
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8165
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby South Park Cows » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:56 am

WickedSmaat wrote:
South Park Cows wrote:
Corey Amaral wrote:yea i cant download brushes or ne thing either...i dunno if its cuz i have a mac or wat...but when i "download to desktop" it get all this shit that doesnt make sense in a new window...HELP!


Yeah, I've been having this problem lately as well (I'm on a mac too). When I download brushes now it turns into .abr.txt files, since my Photoshop won't work with .abr files for some reason.


The files that you download from deviantART are zipped files what you need is something that extracts it. I myself am on a powerbook(and actually just bought a mac mini that is on it's way) and basically what you need is the StuffIt expander. It says it's like $80 or whatever, but I downloaded the free trial and kept it on my computer and it still works to this day when I want brushes from deviant. I've had it for about 3 months I believe(my trial should be over). This way, now you can extract the needed files and just drag/drop to your Photoshop Brushes. God I love Macs ;-D And I don't understand why .abr doesn't work for your PS SPC, cause it is its main file for brushes, assuming you have any of the CS versions.


Yeah, I have CS and StuffIt. The brushes aren't zipped when I download them, they're just text files for some reason. :-?
Image
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2257
Joined: 2 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Corey Amaral » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:24 am

South Park Cows wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:
South Park Cows wrote:
Corey Amaral wrote:yea i cant download brushes or ne thing either...i dunno if its cuz i have a mac or wat...but when i "download to desktop" it get all this shit that doesnt make sense in a new window...HELP!


Yeah, I've been having this problem lately as well (I'm on a mac too). When I download brushes now it turns into .abr.txt files, since my Photoshop won't work with .abr files for some reason.


The files that you download from deviantART are zipped files what you need is something that extracts it. I myself am on a powerbook(and actually just bought a mac mini that is on it's way) and basically what you need is the StuffIt expander. It says it's like $80 or whatever, but I downloaded the free trial and kept it on my computer and it still works to this day when I want brushes from deviant. I've had it for about 3 months I believe(my trial should be over). This way, now you can extract the needed files and just drag/drop to your Photoshop Brushes. God I love Macs ;-D And I don't understand why .abr doesn't work for your PS SPC, cause it is its main file for brushes, assuming you have any of the CS versions.


Yeah, I have CS and StuffIt. The brushes aren't zipped when I download them, they're just text files for some reason. :-?


yea same here
Image
Corey Amaral
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 120
Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Boston, MA

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:36 am

Crap, for some reason I was thinking of another website while I wrote that. Sorry:-/ So I go to deviant and voila, I get nothing but what you guys are getting :-t
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8165
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:40 am

I basically did a scrounging around and to me it looks like whoever put the brush on the website doesn't know what they're doing. Cause I don't think you can have just an .abr as a file extension on the web. The file needs to be zipped to be put on the internet. I got a few of the ..../something.abr and it showed up as just text. but when it was ...../something.zip it downloaded for me. So basically it looks like you're SOL for the brush you want :-/
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8165
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Next

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 8:34 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact