skibrett15 wrote:I don't know how you can say this as I haven't found a single personnel example that would suggest their being worse than last year.
Perhaps there's news more readily available in Green Bay, and if so it'd be nice to hear it, since I hate to see Favre go out on such a sour note, but here's where I see a huge problem. The list of current Unrestricted GB free agents:
The last half dozen wouldn't worry me, but losing your top 3 RBs, your 4th RB, and your starting fullback. Losing your place kicker, your nearly irreplaceable mammoth DT, your younger underrated pass rusher, your starting center, that's just a lot. Sure, not all those guys will probably leave, some will be resigned, but this is a huge laundry list of needs to have going into FA, especially for a team that still had major needs to begin with.
This would leave them entering the offseason with
- only Noah Herron, Samkon Gado, and Vonta Leach in the backfield.
- Adrian Klemm and two 7th round nobodies at OG (is Whitticker or Wells starting material?)
- Only two OTs on the entire roster
- Chris White(undrafted, rookie I think) at Center
- No one much to speak of at DT
- starting spots empty at DE and OLB
- No kicker, and no long snapper (I imagine Rodgers can fill Nall's spot as holder)
I hope I'm wrong, because I don't want Favre to retire like this, but it just doesnt look good to me.