Favre - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Favre

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:20 pm

Dadd wrote:It sounds like the Pack have the potential to be a sound football team next year. The shopping list that maddog has for the pack isn't any different than almost all NFL teams in the off-season.

Even if GB is rebuilding, where does it say that they have to kick Favre? Why can't they work in Rodgers? I think two years of tutorage by Favre is better that two years of the new guys screwing things up.

i dont think favre wants to stay there to work w/ rodgers...hes already said that hes not there to help him.
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Fool42 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:51 am

I think Brett chose the wrong words when he was saying that. It isn't his job to take the guy under his wing and groom him to be a great QB. From what I've heard Rodgers & Favre actually have a very god relationship almost like big brother/little brother. I heard that Rodgers follows Favre around the sideline like a little puppy and that Favre is more than willing to go through things that happened on the field including his thought processes & all the whats and why's as to what happened during the plays.
Winning isn't everything...It's the only thing!

Vince Lombardi
Fool42
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby z raptor » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:15 pm

I think he'll be back. Both Ted Thompson & Coach McCarthy just visited Favre at his home (they took time off from the Senior Bowl). Thompson also stated that he & Favre have been talking regularly since the end of the season (mostly not about football, though).

There is presently no time table for Bret to make a decision, but I think it will be sooner than later with the free agent market a month away.

My opinion is he'll be back!
z raptor

z raptor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Lushcrush » Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:18 pm

I have heard Rodgers say that Brett has been a great mentor ... very accommadating and open.
I like the sound of that - you've got to pass the torch.
At the very least, Favre deserves a farewell tour in which he receives a rocking chair, a sweet chopper, and a 67 Chevelle SS396.
Do it Brett ... ;-D
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:09 pm

As of right now, Favre says he will not be back
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:13 pm

Aaron Rodgers will put up 3200 yards and 27TDs. Easy.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:15 pm

I saw that in an interview today on ESPN. Didn't sound totally honest he sort of forced it out. Ah the whole thing is a big mess and the media is turning it into a much bigger thing than it really is. When Farve is ready to call it quits he will! Why talk and worry about it for months, and months, and months... Right now he's a Packer when he calls it quits he will be done... Pretty basic stuff here, every player retires Farve was great but the time is ending and I don't see why it's such a BIG DEAL.

Will it effect the team? Sure but lets worry about that when the time comes not swamp with rumors before. Give Farve some privacy I say.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:30 pm

SniperShot wrote:IAh the whole thing is a big mess and the media is turning it into a much bigger thing than it really is. When Farve is ready to call it quits he will! Why talk and worry about it for months, and months, and months... Right now he's a Packer when he calls it quits he will be done... Pretty basic stuff here, every player retires Farve was great but the time is ending and I don't see why it's such a BIG DEAL.

You truly can't see why it's a big deal?

The media is in love with him. He's white, he's good-looking, he's not a thug, and he's pretty good.

See also: Brady, Tom.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:37 pm

If you watched ESPNews last night they were running a bit from a new interview with Favre.

Basically he said he doesn't know what his decision is yet, however if pressed to make the decision right now, he'd probably retire.

I think he just wants to be able to sit around and watch football on Marino's bazillion inch TV with Aikman and Esiason..
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby merc » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:14 pm

You truly can't see why it's a big deal?

The media is in love with him. He's white, he's good-looking, he's not a thug, and he's pretty good.
OMG... thank good ness we don't want those qualities in our new QBs... ;-)
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig

[i]2006 Cafe TSN Ultimate Salary Cap Playoff Champion[/i]
merc
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk