Favre - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Favre

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby onnestabe » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:40 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
SniperShot wrote:IAh the whole thing is a big mess and the media is turning it into a much bigger thing than it really is. When Farve is ready to call it quits he will! Why talk and worry about it for months, and months, and months... Right now he's a Packer when he calls it quits he will be done... Pretty basic stuff here, every player retires Farve was great but the time is ending and I don't see why it's such a BIG DEAL.

You truly can't see why it's a big deal?

The media is in love with him. He's white, he's good-looking, he's not a thug, and he's pretty good.

See also: Brady, Tom.

I think the importance of this goes a little farther than just Favre himself - it is also about the Packers. They have been considered part of "the class" of the NFL for a very long time, and Favre is the face of the franchise. His leaving will signal the end of an era to some extent. Once he retires, the Pack will be in rebuilding mode - a mode that they haven't really been in much since the early 90s. That is why his retirement is so important.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:00 pm

awwchrist wrote:If you watched ESPNews last night they were running a bit from a new interview with Favre.

Basically he said he doesn't know what his decision is yet, however if pressed to make the decision right now, he'd probably retire.

I think he just wants to be able to sit around and watch football on Marino's bazillion inch TV with Aikman and Esiason..

Are you sure he's not looking for a TV contract so that he can commentate or talk about football games like Aikman and Esiason? :-?

Doesn't he do this stuff every year? I'm going to wait until he has the press conference where he says what he's going to do.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk