DaVinci Code - by: Dan Brown - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

DaVinci Code - by: Dan Brown

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:11 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:Leonardo Da Vinci wrote the Bible.

I miss your DMac Av. :,-(
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:21 pm

knapplc wrote:
josebach wrote:
Fair enough.

I don't believe the story either. As I said in my first post in this thread, the thing that aggravated me about the book was that Brown used a "historian" to perpetuate the story. For every correct fact the historian presented, there was an equally contrived "fact" given in support of the Jesus/Mary conspiracy theory. Because the truth and fiction were both given as "fact", I can see where it was very easy for, somebody who was not thorough to interpret the entire book as fact. Only after I researched the claims made in the book was I able to determine that Brown's evidence and most likely the entire premise was bunk. I felt the book was incredibly irresponsible.

I agree with you 100% and 110% with the bolded part. This is exactly where Brown is getting into "trouble" with Christian groups.

Once again for the record, I want to apologize for any unclear posts I made that may have made you (JB) think I was coming down on you. I always know what I mean, and I expect people to read my mind sometimes, I guess.

christian activist groups should lighten up. not everybody believes the same thing. not everyone thinks the same way. nor were they meant to. i think the majority of the action taken by these groups is counter productive.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Homeless » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:45 pm

knapplc wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:Leonardo Da Vinci wrote the Bible.

I miss your DMac Av. :,-(

I think he's only wearing the bag for a week. You're right though, some things are fundemental Cafe icons and that Av is one of them...despite the reason why LOL ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Homeless » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:46 pm

josebach wrote:No apology needed. I think when it comes to one's faith/religion/spirituality, we all are a little sensitive.

Which is exactly why these kinds of threads usually end up getting locked.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:53 pm

Homeless wrote:
josebach wrote:No apology needed. I think when it comes to one's faith/religion/spirituality, we all are a little sensitive.

But this one won't because we are all playing nice, right? ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:59 pm

knapplc wrote:
Homeless wrote:

But this one won't because we are all playing nice, right? ;-D

nah. i'll singlehandedly get this thing locked. i don't play well with others.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:47 pm

Eh. My opinion is the same as Browns. It's a novel. It's fiction. He says it is. If millions of people are mislead by something they read, which they acquired for 15 bucks at an airport bookstore (sadly, most of my novels are purchased this way. when the hell is da vinci out on paperback?), then they are stupid.

No1's # 1 opinion:

The religous zealots are too uptight about this book. If so many people are frickin' stupid enough to be mislead by a novel, would you really want those people in your religion? :-b

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flockers » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:49 pm

It's a good book, but at least 90% of it is bullcrap.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby footballchick23 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:54 pm

knapplc wrote:
footballchick23 wrote:20%....some of it is based on fact, but a lot is just speculation and lore. All around an entertaining read though...however, I liked Angels and Demons waaaaay more!

While I found TDVC farcical I liked Brown's writing style. I would read another of his books - you recommend this one, FBC?

Most definitely and it's got some science in there too, so it's not just based on " bible lore". I think you'll like it better than The Code.

Digital Fortress(props moon...totally forgot Dan Brown wrote that one) is pretty good...the ending was so so, but an interesting theory no less.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moonhead » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:54 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:Eh. My opinion is the same as Browns. It's a novel. It's fiction. He says it is. If millions of people are mislead by something they read, which they acquired for 15 bucks at an airport bookstore (sadly, most of my novels are purchased this way. when the hell is da vinci out on paperback?), then they are stupid.

No1's # 1 opinion:

The religous zealots are too uptight about this book. If so many people are frickin' stupid enough to be mislead by a novel, would you really want those people in your religion? :-b

probably how most religions started anyway...(think scientology) and who else are they going to get to bomb abortion clinics?
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk