Stupid Teacher of the Year Candidate - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Stupid Teacher of the Year Candidate

Moderator: Football Moderators

Stupid Teacher of the Year Candidate

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:26 am

This article details an incident where Pittsburgh-area teacher made a student sit on the floor and had other kids throw wadded up paper at him while calling him a "stinking Denver fan" because he wore a John Elway jersey to class. During the week of the Pittsburgh/Denver game.

What, exactly, was this teacher trying to teach this student and his other students? How could this guy have possibly thought this was a constructive, learning thing to do?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:52 am

Wow that kid looked like he got his ass whooped too. Buck up camper.

Couple things

1. "Big Beaver". Huh-huh-uuuhhhhh...huhuhuhuhuh
If he felt uncomfortable, then that's a lesson; that's what [the class] is designed to do," Kelly told The Denver Post. "It was silly fun. I can't believe he was upset

An ethnicity class is designed to make kids feel inadequate and uncomfortable? Jeezus.

"We'll take whatever action we need to in order for the student to feel comfortable," Nugent said.

"You're Fired."
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jh2031 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:10 pm

I'll break it down into two simple explanations:

The teacher is an idiot. You're allowed to wear any jersey you want to wear.

The kid is a nerd! It's highschool dude, kids will get on you for wearing colors other than black and gold....deal with it.

I dislike both the teacher and the kid, it's easier that way. ;-D :-b :-b
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:36 pm

yayyy, I'm stoopid . . . yayyy!!!!
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:42 pm

This may be wrong, but does that pic make anyone else think of Bronco Billy from the Bang! cartoons?

Still, that teacher is a total moron, and that kid should be able to take action against the school. I mean come on, its called freedom of expression, you cant have a teacher doing that.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:57 pm

Another much to do about nothin story that the media is trying to sell papers with. When I was a kid, if you had on a Sooner jersey, (rare in Nebraska) you were gonna take shit. Some of it good natured, some of it not (which isnt cool), but you knew you were gonna get it. If a kid had gone to the media with this back then, he wouldve been laughed by the paper, his peers, and probably gotta a load of crap he didnt bargain for. Sounds to me like this guy just got his poor wittle feewings hurt. Grow up and take it like a man.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:58 pm

I hope the kid was expecting the flack from his fellow students. I doubt he was expecting anything but a good natured ribbing from an actual teacher. If that was my kid his teacher would be getting the ass ripping of his life. :-#
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:06 pm

VaderFin wrote:I hope the kid was expecting the flack from his fellow students. I doubt he was expecting anything but a good natured ribbing from an actual teacher. If that was my kid his teacher would be getting the ass ripping of his life. :-#

I can understand that part of it, except how did this guy get "forced" into doing this? The answer to this might clear up my view a bit, but based on the info at hand, I stand by my previous post.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:13 pm

Man, that kid is just a wuss. I got flack all the time when I wore my Packers jersey to school. But then again I got to gloat in their faces every time the Pack beat the Queens!! (as far as high school went)
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:17 pm

In future news: Angry Denver fan shoots up a classroom.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk