Stupid Teacher of the Year Candidate - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Stupid Teacher of the Year Candidate

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:18 pm

This seems like something that was just a good-natured ribbing during the class (I imagine the Broncos fan and Steelers fans had been going back and forth about the outcome of the game all week), but then the kid got home and told his parents and they flew off the hinges because the teacher was "humiliating" their son.

Of course, I know absolutely nothing about the situation, so this is pure speculation...but I stand by it.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:23 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:I hope the kid was expecting the flack from his fellow students. I doubt he was expecting anything but a good natured ribbing from an actual teacher. If that was my kid his teacher would be getting the ass ripping of his life. :-#

I can understand that part of it, except how did this guy get "forced" into doing this? The answer to this might clear up my view a bit, but based on the info at hand, I stand by my previous post.

If your son wore a Nebraska jersey to school and then had his teacher mock him, have students throw things at him, and then made him take an exam on the floor in a different way then the other students you would be cool with that?

If my kid came home and said Dad kids threw stuff at me and made fun of me I would have to teach him a thing or two about not being a wuss. BUT if he came home and said Mr. Smith told the kids to throw things at me and the teacher mocked me and made me a spectical to the class....well, Mr. Smith would be in for a serious ass chewing.
Last edited by VaderFin on Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:26 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:Another much to do about nothin story that the media is trying to sell papers with. When I was a kid, if you had on a Sooner jersey, (rare in Nebraska) you were gonna take shit. Some of it good natured, some of it not (which isnt cool), but you knew you were gonna get it. If a kid had gone to the media with this back then, he wouldve been laughed by the paper, his peers, and probably gotta a load of crap he didnt bargain for. Sounds to me like this guy just got his poor wittle feewings hurt. Grow up and take it like a man.

Amen! I grew up in Fremont, the Armpit of Nebraska. You would totally have gotten ripped for wearing Sooner stuff in High School - literally kicked or punched in the shoulder all the way down the hall between every class. I remember a kid wore a shirt with something about Clemson on it back in 1985 or 1986 or whenever the Huskers lost to them, guys were POUNDING on him as he walked through school.

BUT, that was the kids doing that. No teachers. I can't say I would "rip into" this teacher for this, but I may have after hearing the teacher's side of this if they didn't have a good explanation for it. Nobody better mess with my kid. Nobody. ;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:32 pm

VaderFin wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:I hope the kid was expecting the flack from his fellow students. I doubt he was expecting anything but a good natured ribbing from an actual teacher. If that was my kid his teacher would be getting the ass ripping of his life. :-#

I can understand that part of it, except how did this guy get "forced" into doing this? The answer to this might clear up my view a bit, but based on the info at hand, I stand by my previous post.

If you son wore a Nebraska jersey to school and then had his teacher mock him, have students throw things at him, and then made him take an exam on the floor in a different way then the other students you would be cool with that?

Not at all, Vader. I would like to know though how my son was "forced" into doing this. It wasnt like this was elementary school or he was a freshman.

If he was threatened with poor grades from the teacher or threatened by the other kids, in the teachers prescence, then yes I'm all over the teacher. It just seems like there was a "too much" compliance on the students part, based on how I'm reading the article, that suggests he knew he wasnt in any "trouble".

I can understand if this article is interpreted differently from my view. The article does leave out a lot of relevant facts to make a solid opinion.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:36 pm

VaderFin wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:

If your son wore a Nebraska jersey to school and then had his teacher mock him, have students throw things at him, and then made him take an exam on the floor in a different way then the other students you would be cool with that?

If my kid came home and said Dad kids threw stuff at me and made fun of me I would have to teach him a thing or two about not being a wuss. BUT if he came home and said Mr. Smith told the kids to throw things at me and the teacher mocked me and made me a spectical to the class....well, Mr. Smith would be in for a serious ass chewing.

The "Kid" is 17 he knew what to expect. Some teachers can take there relationships sith students a bit far sometimes, and I don't mean in a molestation kind of way, not really understanding the line of crossation.

Not that I'm condoning it, I just don't think it's as bad as it's made out to be. that kid's a tool any way and deserves what he got. ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:41 pm

The kid in the Denver jersey should have wadded up some snowballs with batteries inside and thrown them back at his captors. ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:43 pm

Did you guys get to talk back to teachers when you were students? If a teacher told you to do something in my High School, you did it. I can totally see where this kid did what he was told. What was he going to do - say no and get detention or suspension or even just a failing grade? He's just a kid and that was a teacher telling him what to do.

I can't believe that you all would have told the teacher to stick it. Did you get away with that in your school?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:50 pm

knapplc wrote:Did you guys get to talk back to teachers when you were students? If a teacher told you to do something in my High School, you did it. I can totally see where this kid did what he was told. What was he going to do - say no and get detention or suspension or even just a failing grade? He's just a kid and that was a teacher telling him what to do.

I can't believe that you all would have told the teacher to stick it. Did you get away with that in your school?

At 17, most definitely, if I honestly thought I was being treated unfairly or threatened, yes I would "fight" back. This includes my Catholic school years also (1st-9th). I beleive were basically the same age and I grew up in Omaha. Ya, our parents and teachers were strict, but we were also raised to call a spade a spade, and not take any crap unless it was deserved.

If I were this guy, assumming this was a worse case scenario, I wouldve stood up right in the middle of the class and basically challenged the whole lot of em. Somethin tells me (probably the whole Nebraska thing) that you would do the same, knapplc.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:01 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote: If I were this guy, assumming this was a worse case scenario, I wouldve stood up right in the middle of the class and basically challenged the whole lot of em. Somethin tells me (probably the whole Nebraska thing) that you would do the same, knapplc.

For some reason, when I read that, I pictured the Boondock Saints in the courthouse :-?
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:21 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:The kid in the Denver jersey should have wadded up some snowballs with batteries inside and thrown them back at his captors. ;-D

Man, did nobody get this reference? :,-( :-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk