Stupid Teacher of the Year Candidate - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Stupid Teacher of the Year Candidate

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Calyxes » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:03 pm

I am a teacher and I would never do that to a student. I would give him some good nature crap for sure. I am sure most of the students from the school picked on him all week anyway. Now, if I was a student I would beat the piss out of him ;-D I know what people are saying about having to take it from your teachers back in the day :~(
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby HskrPwr13 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:21 pm

portisfan24 wrote:Jeez people sure can take things too far.

As far as "standing up and challenging all em to a fight," are you joking?

1. That kid looks like a wimp.

2. Most people are not going to challenge an entire room to a fight. When you are the only person being picked on, and the whole class is against you, it is really hard to stand up for yourself.

Had to defend my post here. :-b Its been my experience that when you do stand up, especially to a group thats not really trying to cause you serious harm, the group will back down and even give a little respect back. I've done this in school, at parties (where a group has tried to mess with me), and also as a correctional officer (ya, I had a badge to back me up). As long as youre actually willing to do battle if called on it, those opposing will usually back down.

Yes, the guy did look like a wimp though. :-b
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jayday » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:36 pm

What a joke....If I wore a rival jersey to school, I'd expect nothing less...This story actually made me think of 2 of my High School History Teachers....I could easily see them doing that to me if I were to pull a stunt like that....but at a small school like mine, the teachers and students had a close relationship and would often joke back and forth with each other....

I think this was just a little good natured hazing where the hazed party felt the line was crossed, or felt like being on national TV...

Side note, that kid's probably never even thrown a football...Playing Madden doesn't count :-b
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:58 pm

the kids a wuss. plain and simple. What the teacher did was wrong but did he really have to sit on the floor and let people throw things at him? NO. If it were me i wouldnt have just sat there and took it. i would have either diffused the situation with humor or i would have walked out of class. You cant let people walk over you like that. this kid did look like a doormat though. so he probably wouldnt have even thoguht about standing up for himself.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:06 pm

Where were the parents telling the kid not to be so stupid? :-?

No call for what the teacher did at any rate. That being said, if I was a teacher and a kid wore a Rams jersey to class, I'd probably do the same thing.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby confused_jake » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:07 am

I always get a good ribbing about my teams, I got it really bad after USC lost the rose bowl. haha my criminal law teacher made me wear a sign around my neck that said "vince young is usc's daddy". I deserved it all though considering how much smack i was talking all month about how usc is going to beat texas. Im sure this kid was the same way. I bet he was wearing the jersey to taunt the other students about how his team was going to win.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Nilmerf » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:16 am

The kid is a wuss. I wore a cowboy hat and Flames jersey to high school when Calgary was playing Vancouver in the playoffs two years ago. And people are way more insane about hockey in Canada than people are about football in the US. I took lots of flack but dished it right back.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to General Talk