Magnum P.I. lives! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Magnum P.I. lives!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Homeless » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:33 pm

My wife LOVES him!!!

She used to love watching Friends until Monica started dating Tom, then she got so jealous she stopped watching! LOL
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby MadScott » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:09 pm

VaderFin wrote:
knapplc wrote:
awwchrist wrote:
In the 80s my brothers and I would watch Magnum reruns every summer every day. That and Simon and Simon. I dig me some Magnum P.I.

I'm with ya Vader. Simon and Simon was awesome.

Those were on back-to-back in reruns on some channel late at night in the late 80s weren't they? I remember watching them all the time. Rick and AJ were cool. ;-D

Throw in a little Fall Guy and that was good summer watching. ;-D

LOL, I was just thinking the other day, "I wonder if they will ever do a 'Fall Guy' movie?"

I wonder who they will get to play Magnum?
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:32 pm

The last i saw of Tom Selleck i think he could play Magnum, he looked to be in great shape still. Gotta love good old Tom always reppin the D! ;-D

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:48 pm

Just read about this on cnn.com...I watch this show everday when I'm at the gym, even though I've seen practically every episode 3 or 4 times. Tom is such a stud and come on, he wears short shorts and drives a Ferarri...what more could you ask for? I hope they don't screw it up like they did Dukes of Hazard or Starsky and Hutch...waaay too cheesy.

Simon and Simon rocked too...they filmed some if it here in San Diego, so I always used to try to pick out the SD scenes!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:40 pm

footballchick23 wrote:I hope they don't screw it up like they did Dukes of Hazard or Starsky and Hutch...waaay too cheesy.

As a Miami Vice fan, I really hope they don't screw that one up like they did those two stinkers above. The fact that Michael Mann is directing makes me feel a ton better about Vice coming to the big screen, but even a genius director like Mann can have a flop. I pray this isn't it.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:48 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
footballchick23 wrote:I hope they don't screw it up like they did Dukes of Hazard or Starsky and Hutch...waaay too cheesy.

As a Miami Vice fan, I really hope they don't screw that one up like they did those two stinkers above. The fact that Michael Mann is directing makes me feel a ton better about Vice coming to the big screen, but even a genius director like Mann can have a flop. I pray this isn't it.

Huh? Who's talking about Miami Vice? Did I miss that up there?

When is MV coming to the big screen? Are they going to resurrect [that guy who played Crockett]?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:55 pm

knapplc wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:

When is MV coming to the big screen? Are they going to resurrect [that guy who played Crockett]?

colin farrel and jamie foxx. done by michael mann. so you know it's going to be about 4 hours long and had an ending about 2.5 hours into it, where it would have ended nicely for everyone.

IMDB movie page
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:56 pm

knapplc wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:

Nobody mentioned Vice, but I brought it up since we were discussing television shows that are being brought to the big screen. The movie is currently in production with Michael Mann (Heat, Collateral, Ali) directing. Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx are starring in the roles of Crockett and Tubbs. See for yourself...

http://www.miamivice.com/main.html
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:59 pm

Agghhh!! Colin Farrell blows! He'll ruin the movie!

And Jamie Foxx? Isn't that a far cry from Ray?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:59 pm

moonhead wrote:
colin farrel and jamie foxx. done by michael mann. so you know it's going to be about 4 hours long and had an ending about 2.5 hours into it, where it would have ended nicely for everyone.

Are you seriously ripping on Michael Mann? The guy is one of the few quality big name directors around. Heat may be a 3 hour long film, but it's edge of your seat the whole time.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk