Jim Haslett Gets a Job - Rams' Defensive Coordinator - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jim Haslett Gets a Job - Rams' Defensive Coordinator

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:02 pm

Prolly a good signing by the Rams. They also signed Ex-Lions co-OC Greg Olsen to be the OC. He actually did well with the Lions in 2004 over the last quarter of the season when Mariucci let him call the plays. Should be interesting to see what he can do with a working system.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:10 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
maddog60 wrote:I'm just curious why he would be hired as a DC considering how pathetic the Saints so-called defense was with him as their head coach.

he did have some success with their D in 99-2000. Besides, technically, he's a defensively minded coach, as he played LB in the NFL.

It's kind of how TB brought in Gruden to be an "offensive genius," and then their offense proceeded to suck for years until recently.

Same deal with Billick.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:43 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:
maddog60 wrote:I'm just curious why he would be hired as a DC considering how pathetic the Saints so-called defense was with him as their head coach.

he did have some success with their D in 99-2000. Besides, technically, he's a defensively minded coach, as he played LB in the NFL.

It's kind of how TB brought in Gruden to be an "offensive genius," and then their offense proceeded to suck for years until recently.

Same deal with Billick.

exactly... :-D

and suprisingly, it was the defense that dragged both teams to the Super Bowl... :-? :-b

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mysticphysh » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:05 am

The Saints have been so bad for so long, nobody can blame Haslet. Hey, you gotta coach what you're given. Sure they've had a few good years, but those years are always followed by a sharp decline. Blame should be assigned from the top down....with Aaron Brooks getting an extra large helping ;-7
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk