Steven Harper - Canada's New PM - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Steven Harper - Canada's New PM

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CHE » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:00 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
CHE wrote:You gota be kidding. The Canadian dollar is worth about .86 c to the american dollar highest its been in 13 or somthing years :-b You guys are about 2 trillion dollars in dept, Clinton left a Surplus. How does a presdent get that much into dept in 5 years?????

Actually, the US is over $8 Trillion in debt.

Clinton had a surplus in his last year's budget, but the US has been in debt forever. The regime we have now just dug us a deeper hole.

My bad, 8 trillion.LMAO. Canada has a 8 billion surplus B-)
If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine.- Ernesto Che Guevara
CHE
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:05 pm

CHE wrote:My bad, 8 trillion.LMAO. Canada has a 8 billion surplus B-)

Doesn't really matter a whole lot. It's not good, but it's not like countries are going to send REPO men to the US.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The_Dude » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:05 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
CHE wrote:You gota be kidding. The Canadian dollar is worth about .86 c to the american dollar highest its been in 13 or somthing years :-b You guys are about 2 trillion dollars in dept, Clinton left a Surplus. How does a presdent get that much into dept in 5 years?????

Clinton had a surplus in his last year's budget, but the US has been in debt forever. The regime we have now just dug us a deeper hole.

anticipating future comments...

The Liberal Says...

"Isn't it ironic that for all Republicans complain about 'liberals' and their 'spending'," it was a Republican President who oversaw that trippling of the national debt and got us into talking about debt in the trillions (Reagan)."

The Conservative Says...

"It takes money to fight communists and terrorists."

The Liberal Says... (I could go on for this like days, and oh wait, that's exactly what we've been doing in the cafe).

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby CHE » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:13 pm

The_Dude wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:

anticipating future comments...

The Liberal Says...

"Isn't it ironic that for all Republicans complain about 'liberals' and their 'spending'," it was a Republican President who oversaw that trippling of the national debt and got us into talking about debt in the trillions (Reagan)."

The Conservative Says...

"It takes money to fight communists and terrorists."

The Liberal Says... (I could go on for this like days, and oh wait, that's exactly what we've been doing in the cafe).

Lets not forget the war on Drugs. LMAO, hows that working??. Maybe the US, shoulndt let the Afangans be 80% of the worlds herion supplers. Nice work over there yanks ;-D
If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine.- Ernesto Che Guevara
CHE
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:16 pm

Just to make sure misinformation doesnt continue, I'll do my part:

Clinton never ran a surplus - not once. Every yr in his term the government spent more money than they brought in in taxes. The only reason the myth is propagated is because of the new general budget measure which combined social security into the general budget. Obviously at a time when the Baby Boomers were hitting their peak earning years, there is going to be a spike in SS collections - and when this spike is added back into the general budget it gives the appearance of a surplus. Make no mistake - the government spent more money than it collected in taxes other than the earmarked SS taxes every year that Clinton was in office.

This is in no way an endorsement of Bush's spending poilcy - Im just correcting a myth - thats all.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moonhead » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:29 pm

moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:34 pm

moonhead wrote:check this out

When you go there, click on "See the cost in your community"....pretty crazy stuff
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby moonhead » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:37 pm

Alkaholik wrote:

When you go there, click on "See the cost in your community"....pretty crazy stuff

unreal isn't it?
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:48 pm

moonhead wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:

unreal isn't it?

Not as unreal as not putting Joe Gibbs on "The most historical figures " list
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:50 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
awwchrist wrote:At first I was like "how the hell did this topic go 4 pages in one day?"

Spiderman and boobies, OF COURSE!

Throw sports in there and thats what life is all about!
;-D You know it!
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk