Culpepper Fires Agent - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Culpepper Fires Agent

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:48 am

michaelavelli wrote:
Trade Culpepper, get what you can, draft a QB to develop, and lett Brad Johnson hold the reigns in the mean-time.

I gotta agree with this - if they could pick-up a guy like Jay Cutler in the draft...

With that said, C-Pepp's value has never been lower... I'm not sure they should sell so low... Going into 2005, they could have demanded just about whatever they wanted (and gotten it) from a team like Arizona for Pepper... Right now, with the injury, and shabby 2005 performance, they'd be lucky to get a 4th round pick...

If I were the Vikings, I might put him on IR this year, and try to trade him next year....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:17 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
michaelavelli wrote:
Trade Culpepper, get what you can, draft a QB to develop, and lett Brad Johnson hold the reigns in the mean-time.

I gotta agree with this - if they could pick-up a guy like Jay Cutler in the draft...

With that said, C-Pepp's value has never been lower... I'm not sure they should sell so low... Going into 2005, they could have demanded just about whatever they wanted (and gotten it) from a team like Arizona for Pepper... Right now, with the injury, and shabby 2005 performance, they'd be lucky to get a 4th round pick...

If I were the Vikings, I might put him on IR this year, and try to trade him next year....

And therein lies the rub. I pretty much agree completely - Cpepp should be traded if MIN plans to switch to a WCO, but man is it a terrible time to do it with Cpepp's value being at an alltime low.

Im not sure if keeping him on the IR for a yr would do much to raise his value - also - how would that affect their cap? Isnt Cpepp in line for a pretty high salary bonus coming up shortly?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby jayday » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:48 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
michaelavelli wrote:

Is Cutler gonna be a good fit for the West Coast offense? I haven't seen him play enough....but it wouldn't make sense for them to draft someone who doesn't fit their system....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:40 pm

This slays me. NFL thinking is so rigid. Imagine making Cpepp a part-tim rb, split backfield. Like slash excet at RB. What the hell would you do with a direct snap, or a permanant hb option when he was in the game?
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:56 pm

eaglesrule wrote:This slays me. NFL thinking is so rigid. Imagine making Cpepp a part-tim rb, split backfield. Like slash excet at RB. What the hell would you do with a direct snap, or a permanant hb option when he was in the game?

He isn't fast enough to play as a RB, he is only an effective rusher because he rushes when the play breaks down, and into open space.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dadd » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:10 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong-but didn't all of the trade talk start when his agent asked for a contract restructure? If Daunte didn't approve it, fires his agent for doing it and then swears his soul to the Vikes, then why wouldn't they keep him?

Let him work his way back from the knee injury, and if he needs more time, let Brad start. And then evaluate if Daunte can play in the WCO.

Surely, the Vikings aren't expecting the playoffs this year with a new coach? With a proven asset like C-Pepp they can take the luxury of using a year to decide if you keep him or not, with a proven vet to fall back on.

That's what you guys are suggesting anyway.
Dadd
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:21 pm

he sure is big though. I jsut can't see wasting that dual type threat. the indecision of whether b-rad or cpepp were throwing, who was throwing and if cpepp was runnign would be fun.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:31 pm

Dadd wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong-but didn't all of the trade talk start when his agent asked for a contract restructure? If Daunte didn't approve it, fires his agent for doing it and then swears his soul to the Vikes, then why wouldn't they keep him?

Let him work his way back from the knee injury, and if he needs more time, let Brad start. And then evaluate if Daunte can play in the WCO.

Surely, the Vikings aren't expecting the playoffs this year with a new coach? With a proven asset like C-Pepp they can take the luxury of using a year to decide if you keep him or not, with a proven vet to fall back on.

I understand what your saying, but I'm sure every team new coach or old coach has the super as their yearly goal.

Can BJ do it, doubtful but possible, can a busted up c-pepp do it not likely. should he be traded not this season, I like the keep him on IR scenerio. Or maybe not IR just inactive or however a player is stashed on a roster. Just so if the vikes do make a playoff run, he could be utilized.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dadd » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:50 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
Dadd wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong-but didn't all of the trade talk start when his agent asked for a contract restructure? If Daunte didn't approve it, fires his agent for doing it and then swears his soul to the Vikes, then why wouldn't they keep him?

I understand what your saying, but I'm sure every team new coach or old coach has the super as their yearly goal.

Can BJ do it, doubtful but possible, can a busted up c-pepp do it not likely. should he be traded not this season, I like the keep him on IR scenerio. Or maybe not IR just inactive or however a player is stashed on a roster. Just so if the vikes do make a playoff run, he could be utilized.

That's what I'm saying. They don't have to rush him back to start, let Brad start the season. Let Daunte get some reps, study, practice with the team and see how he does. If he sucks, then trade a healthy Pepp, if he excels then let him start the second half. Although if he has two bad years in a row, he'd likely know he has to restructure to stay or risk getting released/traded.
Dadd
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Philly Pride » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:12 pm

Trade Culpepper now while he has good value. Take Cutler, he did some good things with Vandy and had no supporting cast, let BJ play QB for a year, maybe two, and hand it over to Jay Cutler.

Plus, you can hopefully get a 1st round pick for Daunte which could be converted into a pass rusher like Tamba Hali or Elvis Dumervil.
Philly Pride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk