check this crap out - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Seattle Seahawks

check this crap out

Moderator: Football Moderators

check this crap out

Postby awwchrist » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:06 am

http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=563432&forum_id=5

all I can say is, if they're only NOW noticing it...they have nothing to complain about.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:46 am

People need to get a life.

Hey! I got an idea.
Nobody else can do the Husky Wave! And if anybody does, they have to call it the Husky Wave and pay the team a royalty.

:-t
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby SeaWolf » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:09 am

We've had the 12th man since the '80s and now they want to start a stink.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Nilmerf » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:15 am

The 12th man for Texas A&M means that their fanbase no longer has 11 people.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:24 am

Whatever :-t
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby biju » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:43 pm

According to the Copyright laws they probably don't legally have a hold on it anymore.

I found this on this page: http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html#hlc

www.copyright.gov wrote:Works Originally Created and Published or Registered before January 1, 1978

Under the law in effect before 1978, copyright was secured either on the date a work was published with a copyright notice or on the date of registration if the work was registered in unpublished form. In either case, the copyright endured for a first term of 28 years from the date it was secured. During the last (28th) year of the first term, the copyright was eligible for renewal. The Copyright Act of 1976 extended the renewal term from 28 to 47 years for copyrights that were subsisting on January 1, 1978, or for pre-1978 copyrights restored under the Uruguay Round Agreements Act (URAA), making these works eligible for a total term of protection of 75 years. Public Law 105-298, enacted on October 27, 1998, further extended the renewal term of copyrights still subsisting on that date by an additional 20 years, providing for a renewal term of 67 years and a total term of protection of 95 years.

Public Law 102-307, enacted on June 26, 1992, amended the 1976 Copyright Act to provide for automatic renewal of the term of copyrights secured between January 1, 1964, and December 31, 1977. Although the renewal term is automatically provided, the Copyright Office does not issue a renewal certificate for these works unless a renewal application and fee are received and registered in the Copyright Office.

Public Law 102-307 makes renewal registration optional. Thus, filing for renewal registration is no longer required in order to extend the original 28-year copyright term to the full 95 years. However, some benefits accrue from making a renewal registration during the 28th year of the original term.

For more detailed information on renewal of copyright and the copyright term, request Circular 15, "Renewal of Copyright"; Circular 15a, "Duration of Copyright"; and Circular 15t, "Extension of Copyright Terms."

If I'm reading this correctly that means they would have had to file and extension twice at least.

On top of that part of copyright law states that you fight it as soon as you're aware of it. I'm sorry, but you're going to have a hard time explaining how you didn't notice for over 20 years.

The last and final note is that I'm pretty sure Paul Allen will fight this all the way. There's just no way that Texas school is going to be able to win a legal battle against him.

But it's fun reading a little bit of wisdom in that thread and watching everyone else jump all over them.

:-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:48 pm

They just are making a big deal of this now because we just emerged into the limelight......college students got nothing better to do then organize some rebellious protest against anything they can get their hands on......when i imagine this going to court all i can see is Paul Allen as Mr Burns from the simpsons with his "12" lawyers by his side.......and the Plaintiff's one weasly lawyer seeing them and runing away like a little school girl.

Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby juniorvarsity33 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:19 pm

I'm sure we could use the icon ALL WE WANT if it's not the same color/font/etc. as the 'Faggies'.... ;-D
juniorvarsity33
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:17 am

Doesn't A&M know they suck?
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby SiouxCitySavages » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:12 am

LOL....I happen to agree with all of you on this....that was the dumbest post I've ever read....the "12th man" phrase has been used for so long, by media, commentators and average Joes on the street....To stand there and argue that A&M invented the phrase and that they should be compensated for that is ridiculous..

Way back in the early 1600's my ancestors were credited with coining the phrase "Bullshit"....After next Sunday, I think that my family should be paid everytime that a Seahawks fan uses it during a game....hehehe
SiouxCitySavages
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Seattle Seahawks