Steelers to wear... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Steelers to wear...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Steelers to wear...

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:28 am

...WHITE!!!!!!!!!!!
Cowher had first pick and he chose white because he said it's a road game for them (maybe it's karma - they did just win 3 road games in white). At first I was dissappointed the boys weren't gonna wear the black & gold but maybe there's a method to his madness. As I recall, the Steelers wore white for their first SB win and black for the next 3 wins (can't remember what they wore for the loss to Dallas).
Oh well, I'll still wear my lucky black jersey!
;-D ;-D ;-D
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 177)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mysticphysh » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:24 am

I was amused by him asking if they wanted to know what shoes he'd be wearing. :-b

But I agree with you. He downplayed the uniform color, but I think it had a lot to do with the fact that the Steelers have been so dominate on the road in the playoffs, he wanted to keep that road team feel...even though they are officially the "home" team...in detriot...
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Homeless » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:39 am

I dont like it, but we'll win no matter what color we're wearing! ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby moochman » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:49 am

I also thought I heard something about the C-Hacks wearing their metalic blue jerseys and that they are 0-2 in them??? Don't know road or home or what and may have heard incorrectly.

No matter, the Stiller unis always look pretty good. Kinda tough and football-like.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:56 am

As long as I know who the players are, I couldn't care less about what color they are...well, as long as they are the correct colors for the team anyway. I don't want to see the Steelers wearing purple or the Seahawks in red or something like that. :-o
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:19 am

moochman wrote:I also thought I heard something about the C-Hacks wearing their metalic blue jerseys and that they are 0-2 in them??? Don't know road or home or what and may have heard incorrectly.

No matter, the Stiller unis always look pretty good. Kinda tough and football-like.

Their choice will put the Seahawks in their metallic-blue home jerseys. Seattle's record was 10-2 in the regular season and playoffs while wearing blue this season

http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9185894
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:41 pm

Seattle has won 8 straight in their blue jerseys...

Try that on for size.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby jh2031 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:03 pm

Doesn't matter which jersey the Steelers wear. They'll still play Steelers football and smack you in the mouth.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:14 pm

jh2031 wrote:Doesn't matter which jersey the Steelers wear. They'll still play Steelers football and smack you in the mouth.

Thats the difference between us the Colts and the Broncos.....

We're smart enough to wear mouth-guards
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:19 pm

Alkaholik wrote:
jh2031 wrote:Doesn't matter which jersey the Steelers wear. They'll still play Steelers football and smack you in the mouth.

Thats the difference between us the Colts and the Broncos.....

We're smart enough to wear mouth-guards

I know you made me eat my words against the Cats. But i don't think the steelers will let this game be even close. The Hawks are a poorman's Colts. And when the rich man doesn't win the poor man rarely does either.

BTW, anyone find it funny how the 6th rank AFC team is the favourite against the top ranked NFC team?
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk