Just can't keep it to myself a moment longer!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Seattle Seahawks

Just can't keep it to myself a moment longer!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Just can't keep it to myself a moment longer!!!

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:52 pm

Wow. Seahawks to the Big Dance. Seems almost surreal.

So. I went to the game last Sunday and it was absolutely incredible!!!!! I kid you not... MY EARS ARE STILL RINGING!

We got there at 12:30. There was no way I wanted to deal with parking and the line at 'will call.' I brought my two kids, so the first thing we did when they opened the gates at 1:00 was buy my 13 year old a Seahawks hat and march right down to the corner where the 'Hawks enter the field. The security dude took my son and moved a couple adults out of the way so he had the best shot at an autograph. Long story short.... Josh, Lofa, and Jeremy all signed! ;-D

I had a brand new fitted Panthers hat that a friend of mine gave me. We'd thought about sticking a spear through it or just using it to wipe our butts, but instead we gave it to a young kid who was in Panther colors. (I'm sure that was the last time he smiled all day).

You could feel the emotions start to rise as gametime neared.

I loved how they gave props to Paul Allen before he raised the 12th Man flag. The guy saved our Seahawks and deserves the recognition.

Guys. When the game got going, I could not believe the noise! Every single time the Carolina huddle broke... and I mean every snap without fail, the noise was fever-pitch! I'm sure Jake and Company could hear me and my kids from the second row from the top! What excitement! What an experience for a guy like me who has been a fan since the start.

We never sat down. If we did, we couldn't see because EVERYBODY WAS STANDING THE WHOLE GAME!!

The ceremony after almost made me cry. To get to be there after all these years was awesome for me. We stayed for almost an hour just to savor the moment while my son ran around being the scavenger grabbing all the souveniers that had been left.

The 12th Man. Wow!!!!!!!
I'd been to lots of games, guys, but NEVER to one like this!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Nfl Fan on Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:13 pm

Glad to hear you had such a great time, very jealous :-D

It was very emotional like you said, i watched the after-game on tv and it brought shivers down my back watching it unfold and the emotions felt between the fans and players there, you could see it in everyone's eyes.

Definitely a new chapter added to the book

...."finally"
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby awwchrist » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:29 pm

that's awesome man!
great read.

Some people that were at both the divisional and conference games said it was actually louder against the Panthers.

I found that to be incredible. Kudos to the fans yet again.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:03 pm

great read! agreed,,,glad you had a good time, nice to hear, about the autographs!!!

Go Seahawks ;-D
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Flockers » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:04 pm

My uncle and cousins were at the game. They had tickets at the 45 yard like 12th row back. He mailed me an autograph picture of Tatupu. Pretty sweet.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby vitalogist » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:00 am

awwchrist wrote:that's awesome man!
great read.

Some people that were at both the divisional and conference games said it was actually louder against the Panthers.

I found that to be incredible. Kudos to the fans yet again.

yea i was at the skins game and the panthers game, and it was really no contest. hass's 6 yard run was the pinnacle of my football fanaticism, but only for 6 days. watching our guys raise that trophy, with the confetti in OUR stadium - there's no possible way to describe the emotion... the only way i can come close is to say it was 70,000 of the happiest people you have ever seen - in one place. and yes, i also teared as the final seconds ticked off.

how incredible it must be to share that with your boys - mine are 4 and 1, and theres no way even my oldest will have a real memory of it. the only good thing that could have come out of waiting another 5 years for this (hypothetically) would be being able to have them there with me... so be thankful for those lifelong memories you created!!! ;-D

ON TO DETROIT!!!!!
vitalogist
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:04 am

vitalogist wrote:[how incredible it must be to share that with your boys - mine are 4 and 1, and theres no way even my oldest will have a real memory of it. the only good thing that could have come out of waiting another 5 years for this (hypothetically) would be being able to have them there with me... so be thankful for those lifelong memories you created!!! ;-D

Yeah, I'm glad I brought them! My son (13) and daughter (16) will remember this forever. I'd thought for a fleeting moment about bringing a couple of buddys (even thought about picking up Awwchrist on the way), but in the end, it wasn't even close (sorry, Aww). The kids had to be there for this.

I'm glad you got to experience it too. What a moment!

And Vital...
You'll have lots of years to bring those kids of yours to the games... and something tells me you will!

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby vitalogist » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:45 am

MOST definitely!!!

;-D
vitalogist
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:19 am

Nfl Fan wrote:
vitalogist wrote:[how incredible it must be to share that with your boys - mine are 4 and 1, and theres no way even my oldest will have a real memory of it. the only good thing that could have come out of waiting another 5 years for this (hypothetically) would be being able to have them there with me... so be thankful for those lifelong memories you created!!! ;-D

Yeah, I'm glad I brought them! My son (13) and daughter (16) will remember this forever. I'd thought for a fleeting moment about bringing a couple of buddys (even thought about picking up Awwchrist on the way), but in the end, it wasn't even close (sorry, Aww). The kids had to be there for this.

I'm glad you got to experience it too. What a moment!

And Vital...
You'll have lots of years to bring those kids of yours to the games... and something tells me you will!

Hey just the idea of you even doing that is a big thumbs up in my book.

not following through however gets you a middle finger.

;-) :-D

I'm glad you took your kids. I wish I could have done the same.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:44 am

I'll try to hook you up with some Ducks tickets next fall!

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Seattle Seahawks