Moss Comment on Culpepper - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Moss Comment on Culpepper

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TBONED » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:36 pm

What teams would be in the position to take on a Daunte Culpepper?
YOU'VE BEEN TBONED
TBONED
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Crimedogg32 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:37 pm

TBONED wrote:What teams would be in the position to take on a Daunte Culpepper?

Arizona would seem most likely IMO
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:27 am

TBONED wrote:What teams would be in the position to take on a Daunte Culpepper?

Trying to jog my mind about what teams need quarterbacks, I'd have to start in the AFC East with the Fins and Jets. I realize Frerotte is in Miami, but is he really an answer to anything substantial? The guy is on the downside of a moderately productive career as a backup, where Culpepper might just be a nice fit to get the passing game under way with Chambers and McMichael already in place. The Jets have some serious issues to address where Pennington's arm in concerned. Honestly, how much longer are they going to place their future in the hands of a guy who can't stay on the field for more than half a season? The

Titans could use a guy, but it's safe to say they'll take a long look at drafting someone with their 1st round pick, so Culp really doesn't make sense there. The Ravens seem so intent on sticking with Boller, but for how much longer? They're trying to clear room by dumping almost everything that isn't tied down, so getting Culpepper makes almost no sense from that perspective.

Ah, who else in the AFC needs a quarterback...well, the Raiders we've already discussed. I think that covers the AFC. As for the NFC, the Cardinals are a possibility and that would reunite Culpepper with Green. I don't think that's a bad option, but will Bidwell shell out the cash? A healthy Culpepper with Fitz and Boldin to throw to would be very interesting from a fantasy perspective! I just don't see that happening since they seem to have some faith in Warner and we all know Warner still thinks he can play the game.

Detroit? No, the Vikes wouldn't trade within their division. The Aints? I'm thinking the Saints are looking to draft a quarterback rather than shell out for Culpepper. I guess that just about covers it. If I had to put money on where he'd end up, I'd say the Fins would make for a nice home. Besides, Culpepper went to school in Florida, why not come full circle?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:33 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I thought Kerry Collins was a better QB than Daunte Culpepper?

Guys you missed the remarks in the preseason last year where Randy said that Collins was a "step up"? This was before NFL defenses got thrown into the picture of course.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Re: Moss Comment on Culpepper

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:29 pm

Calyxes wrote:
Meanwhile, Moss said Monday on Sporting News Radio that he would welcome Culpepper in Oakland despite the pair's differences during their final year together in 2004.

"One thing I have come to figure out," Moss said, "is that this game that we play has gotten me and Daunte kind of distant. But, I think about reuniting us, or something like that, and taking it to another level. I'm not saying he is going to become a Raider, but if there was any interest in bringing him to Oakland, I've got my arms open to anybody who wants to come out here and win a Super Bowl. That's what I'm working for."

I guess I'll have start warming up the ol throwing arm. ;-D
See ya in June Randy.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ironcityboy88 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:23 am

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:no way the Vikings let him go. Who are they gonna rely on long term? Brad Johnson?? i dont think so.

Didn't everyone say the same thing about letting Randy Moss go? D.Culpepper could bring a lot on the free agent market (multiple picks, solid players); plus, he embarrassed the team ownership by being a part of the infamous love boat cruise, and it seems the new owner was "mildly" upset by that and was determined to clean house.
ironcityboy88
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk