Pro Bowl Replacements Named - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Pro Bowl Replacements Named

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby biju » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:22 am

I understand that as far as fantasy goes there are a number of more deserving TEs than Desmond Clark, but did anyone stop to think that maybe the guy was a good blocker? My guess is he's good at something other than what is going to score points in a fantasy league.

Of course, I have no idea if he's good at all. He might suck round things on the undersides of male donkeys.

:-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Lung » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:38 am

biju wrote:I understand that as far as fantasy goes there are a number of more deserving TEs than Desmond Clark, but did anyone stop to think that maybe the guy was a good blocker? My guess is he's good at something other than what is going to score points in a fantasy league.

I think that most of the elite tight ends get the chance to catch balls only because they can also block. Desmond Clark may be a good blocker, but so are all the other more deserving TEs, imo.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby beerman648 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:04 am

Witten and cooley are both really good blockers. They both have had some great hits when they were blocking especially when witten hit a chief and knocked that guy down, almost as good as a lineman's pancake.
yea i am a cheerleader. go team!!! give me a texans suck. go team! My top 2 favorite teams are in the top 5 picks(texans and titans).
beerman648
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby skibrett15 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:58 am

Mercer Boy wrote:What is with this "need" player bullcrap? Did they have that distinction 10 years ago in this game? Pretty soon the dang need players will want to skip the Pro Bowl for whatever reason. :-B

I do agree that it is kinda useless. They do need the "need" player spot so they can bring in a long snapper. I'm pretty sure there's no slot in the pro-bowl for a long snapper so they are all coaches decisions. If they were added to the roster, then there would be no need for "need" players. Perhaps they're used for special teams coverage and blockers?
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:25 am

skibrett15 wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:What is with this "need" player bullcrap? Did they have that distinction 10 years ago in this game? Pretty soon the dang need players will want to skip the Pro Bowl for whatever reason. :-B

I do agree that it is kinda useless. They do need the "need" player spot so they can bring in a long snapper. I'm pretty sure there's no slot in the pro-bowl for a long snapper so they are all coaches decisions. If they were added to the roster, then there would be no need for "need" players. Perhaps they're used for special teams coverage and blockers?

Maybe, but they already pick a "special teams" guy. If they need a dang long snapper, have them pick a long snapper and not a "need" player. The whole concept seems stupid.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:46 am

skibrett15 wrote: Perhaps they're used for special teams coverage and blockers?

When I first saw the Desmond Clark selection, I thought it was because he was an exceptional blocker.

Then I saw he's 250 and he played WR in college.

If you want a hulk blocking TE, get Dwayne Carswell. Although I think he switched to Tackle this year.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:53 am

I want to know whatever happened to the prestige of going to a probowl. It used to be a great honor, now they get nominated collect their bonus and with drawl. :-t :-t :-t
This is probably why the probowls are becomin so unwatchable.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:23 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:If you want a hulk blocking TE, get Dwayne Carswell. Although I think he switched to Tackle this year.

Dwayne Carswell was involved in a serious auto accident midway through the season and was put on injured reserve.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby Dadd » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:19 pm

I read that they included Clark strictly because he could also long-snap.

Although maybe they say D.Clark and thought they were included the Colts TE? :-b
Dadd
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jayday » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:54 pm

Dadd wrote:I read that they included Clark strictly because he could also long-snap.

Might be a possibility

Although maybe they say D.Clark and thought they were included the Colts TE? :-b

Would've been a funny mix-up...but Desmond is NFC....Dallas is AFC
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk