My 2006 NFL Mock Draft... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My 2006 NFL Mock Draft...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moonhead » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:46 pm

MadScott wrote:It's got to Plummer OR Elway, no "and" involved. :-b

does this make sense to anyone? am i reading it correctly? i can't make heads or tails of this...
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby biju » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:07 pm

moonhead wrote:

does this make sense to anyone? am i reading it correctly? i can't make heads or tails of this...

I read it as missing a "be" in there:

It's got to be Plummer OR Elway, no "and" (referring to the "OR" part) involved.

translation: Elway and Plummer aren't on the same level, so saying Carr is like Plummer isn't really much of a stretch. :-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moonhead » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:05 pm

biju wrote:
moonhead wrote:

I read it as missing a "be" in there:

It's got to be Plummer OR Elway, no "and" (referring to the "OR" part) involved.

translation: Elway and Plummer aren't on the same level, so saying Carr is like Plummer isn't really much of a stretch. :-D

man, i gotta lay off the rock. it's not good for da brains!
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:34 pm

Not bad.

A few notes.

1. I don't think the Jets will go with DBrick, they don't need a LT, they need a RT, and DBrick is definitely a LT.

2. Michael Huff won't go THAT high. I still think Jimmy Williams will go to SF.

3. I doubt the ravens will go with RB, they have bigger needs and won't give up on Jamal Lewis AND chester taylor both.

4. I think Marcus McNeill is a better tackle prospect than Eric Winston, and I think he will go higher.

5. Jimmy Williams will definitely go higher than 19, he has way too much talent.

6. I seriously doubt the pats will take maroney, although that is an interesting idea. I don't like maroney and I think he will be a big bust. He ran behind 3 top OL prospects at minnesota and benefited from a great RB system. So I hope the Pats do take him. }:-)

7. Rodrique Wright is a HUGE reach in the second round. He was terrible in the rose bowl, and is a mid second rounder at best. The Giants would be complete idiots to choose him over Cromartie or one of the many talented LBs that you have falling into the second, like Thomas Howard and Bobby Carpenter.

8. No way Kiwanuka drops that far, I see baltimore taking a good look at him at 13, assuming he is still around.

9. Chad Jackson is not that great of an NFL WR prospect. Mid-second rounder IMO.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby CC » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:10 pm

Kiwi at 13? No chance. He has really dropped in the estimation of most (getting dominated by D'Brick at the Senior Bowl).

I think he will be the biggest bust from this class (except maybe Maroney) he is too thin.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby rentz » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:34 pm

i dont really see the cowboys going safety. especially not a hard hitting safety.
the likely choice for the cowboys (IF they dont trade out of the first round) is OT or ILB, and a safety in a later round maybe. but with the depth at tackle in this draft, id bet they go linebacker with the first pick.

also i just dont see the texans taking young. they either trade down, or take bush.

and rodrique wright i think could be a 1st rounder, with a good combine workout.the guy would have been a mid-high 1st round pick had he come out early last year.

williams as others said, will go higher, but i do think huff will go fairly high
rentz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cherrygarcia1911 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:52 pm

Ya think the Eagles should/could move on up to take the top OLB in Hawk?Or do ya think that they'll be fine with taking the 2nd best OLB on the board?Is the dropoff great or not so much?{I'm not a big college football fan}
cherrygarcia1911
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:54 pm

cherrygarcia1911 wrote:Ya think the Eagles should/could move on up to take the top OLB in Hawk?Or do ya think that they'll be fine with taking the 2nd best OLB on the board?Is the dropoff great or not so much?{I'm not a big college football fan}

This is one of the deepest OLB drafts in YEARS. Honestly, if I were the eagles I would hope that greenway falls to me at 14. If not, I would probably take santonio holmes, then try and trade up in the second round and grab whichever of the OLBs with first round talent (ie. Thomas Howard, Bobby Carpenter) or stay where they are and hope that Ernie Simms falls to them.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Previous

Return to Football Talk