Here's an interesting statistic... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Here's an interesting statistic...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Here's an interesting statistic...

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:31 pm

Regarding passer ratings and the teams in the Big Dance...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PRAT/2005/post
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:37 pm

I've been amazed at how few Int's Roethlisberger throws at such a young age... He's really got remarkable decision-making for a kid his age... In that regard, he reminds me a lot of Steve Young, who was one of the best ever when it came to making the right pass...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby biju » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:45 pm

Yeah, Rothlisberger has been on fire in the postseason. It should make for an interesting gameplan from the Seattle coaching staff. Before it seemed if you stopped the Steeler running game Ben wouldn't have the ability to beat you with the pass. That's obviously not the case. However it seems the running game has been off in the postseason so far so I'm wondering if Seattle decides to try to force Pittsburgh to run on them.

I have confidence in Tatupu and our suddenly good rush D. I say we frustrate the guy on fire right now and see how they respond. ;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Alkaholik » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:46 pm

Look at Hass, only QB in this post-season that hasn't thrown a pick....considering that pass that Manning threw to Polumalu was said later to be a bad call.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby maddog60 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:09 pm

biju wrote:Yeah, Rothlisberger has been on fire in the postseason. It should make for an interesting gameplan from the Seattle coaching staff. Before it seemed if you stopped the Steeler running game Ben wouldn't have the ability to beat you with the pass. That's obviously not the case. However it seems the running game has been off in the postseason so far so I'm wondering if Seattle decides to try to force Pittsburgh to run on them.

That's exactly what I too think Seattle should do. Let Willie Parker and a half-broken Bus try to stop you, not an elite QB.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mysticphysh » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:10 pm

Here's another interesting one...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/RYDS/2005/post

Alexander the Great has more rushing yards in basically one game then Bettis and Parker have a piece in 3 games.

With the Steelers in the superbowl, this will be Bettis' last year. I hope they go out into the free agent market and pick up another back. I'm not sold on Parker at all (I HATE watching him run...he can break big ones but only if there's a hole. He has no cut back ability at all...if things are blocked up, its *stutterstutter...hesitate...flop*). Plus they can't rely on Duce "the broke down minivan" Staley.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moonhead » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:23 pm

The Berger threw several questionable balls in the Denver game. He was lucky that 2 of them weren't picked off. Very fortunate.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby mysticphysh » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:37 pm

moonhead wrote:The Berger threw several questionable balls in the Denver game. He was lucky that 2 of them weren't picked off. Very fortunate.

Ward saved his rear on that one Bailey nearly had. Ward became the defender and pulled Champ's arm as he was catching the ball causing it to hit him in the pads and flip up in the air where Hines caught it. ;-D
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mysticphysh » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:40 pm

yet another interesting state...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/REC/2005/post

Four of the top 10 receivers in the playoffs in terms of catches are Steelers. 5 if you include Miller in the top 12.

That says to me that you can't double and triple cover just one guy like Seattle did Steve Smith, otherwise you'll get burnt by another guy going down the field.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Homeless » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:04 pm

maddog60 wrote:
biju wrote:Yeah, Rothlisberger has been on fire in the postseason. It should make for an interesting gameplan from the Seattle coaching staff. Before it seemed if you stopped the Steeler running game Ben wouldn't have the ability to beat you with the pass. That's obviously not the case. However it seems the running game has been off in the postseason so far so I'm wondering if Seattle decides to try to force Pittsburgh to run on them.

That's exactly what I too think Seattle should do. Let Willie Parker and a half-broken Bus try to stop you, not an elite QB.

The bus isnt half broken!

Anyway, the Steelers running game will more than take care of the job if it has to. Thats what's great about this team, they can get it done either way.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Next

Return to Football Talk