Here's an interesting statistic... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Here's an interesting statistic...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:19 pm

Homeless wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
biju wrote:Yeah, Rothlisberger has been on fire in the postseason. It should make for an interesting gameplan from the Seattle coaching staff. Before it seemed if you stopped the Steeler running game Ben wouldn't have the ability to beat you with the pass. That's obviously not the case. However it seems the running game has been off in the postseason so far so I'm wondering if Seattle decides to try to force Pittsburgh to run on them.

That's exactly what I too think Seattle should do. Let Willie Parker and a half-broken Bus try to stop you, not an elite QB.

The bus isnt half broken!

Anyway, the Steelers running game will more than take care of the job if it has to. Thats what's great about this team, they can get it done either way.

I agree Homey. the steelers seem to run ball just enough to keep teams on their toes not to mention the punishing style of running game the steelers posess. If d's start to load the box Ben goes to the pass. As we all can see it's been a most effective system.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:21 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:I've been amazed at how few Int's Roethlisberger throws at such a young age... He's really got remarkable decision-making for a kid his age... In that regard, he reminds me a lot of Steve Young, who was one of the best ever when it came to making the right pass...
I'll give you that he seems to be a good decision maker at a very young age, but I also think a good portion of that is because of the system and what they ask him to do within it. It's not an overly agressive passing game and they are allowing him to grow in it.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby UTLonghorns » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:38 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:I've been amazed at how few Int's Roethlisberger throws at such a young age... He's really got remarkable decision-making for a kid his age... In that regard, he reminds me a lot of Steve Young, who was one of the best ever when it came to making the right pass...

The kid makes good decisions, plays like a veteran.
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

Postby mysticphysh » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:38 am

MadScott wrote:
I'll give you that he seems to be a good decision maker at a very young age, but I also think a good portion of that is because of the system and what they ask him to do within it. It's not an overly agressive passing game and they are allowing him to grow in it.

Have you watched the first half of all their playoff games? They've been VERY aggressive, and Big Ben's production hasn't been hurt by it. :-b
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:15 pm

mysticphysh wrote:
MadScott wrote:

Have you watched the first half of all their playoff games? They've been VERY aggressive, and Big Ben's production hasn't been hurt by it. :-b

I completely agree! Big Ben has been playing exceptionally well and the Steeler passing game has not been what you expect out of the Steelers. My hope is that Seattle does to him what they did to Delhomme. Del had the highest post-season passer rating in the league until last week. Of course, we had the advantage of 12 men.... :-D (I was there)!

Nevertheless, I think this will be a great game. Kudos to the Steelers for bringing it for so many games in a row!

BTW, Mystic...
Love the sig! Troy is a local boy here. I know his cousin and everybody's pulling for him to play well. We still want him to lose, of course, but play well nonetheless!
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby mattb47 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:40 pm

MadScott wrote:

Even though he is in the perfect system for him to excel in, it doesn't mean the system is the reason he's been so good. Look at how Tommy Maddox and Charlie Batch pale in comparison....same system but horrendous results. What really struck me about Roethlisberger from his rookie year is that he was just so calm and collected back there. You look at most other rookies and they kind of bounce around back there because they get rattled by the fast NFL game. But Big Ben looked like he had been doing it for years right from the get go. I do have to say that he far exceeded my expectations of how good I thought he would be coming out of Miami (OH).
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby petedog9 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:36 pm

Pitss offense is NOT Carolina. Carolina had no RBS to keep Seattle hones and their only other threat was Steve Smith. You shut him down and Car is done. Pitt has way too many weapons to even come close to the same game plan. I hope they triple cover Ward becuae that means El, Miller , Wilson, Parker, Bus all have great days.

BIG DIFFERENCE between the two offenses....

Not to mention Carolina has Been Jeykl and Hyde all year. Playing like world beaters one week and laying an egg the next. Chicago saw Jeykl and Seatlle saw Hyde.....
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:50 pm

petedog9 wrote:Pitss offense is NOT Carolina. Carolina had no RBS to keep Seattle hones and their only other threat was Steve Smith. You shut him down and Car is done. Pitt has way too many weapons to even come close to the same game plan. I hope they triple cover Ward becuae that means El, Miller , Wilson, Parker, Bus all have great days.

BIG DIFFERENCE between the two offenses....

Not to mention Carolina has Been Jeykl and Hyde all year. Playing like world beaters one week and laying an egg the next. Chicago saw Jeykl and Seatlle saw Hyde.....

or because Chicago's coaching staff made them Jeykl by single covering Smith with a Rookie and Seattle made them Hyde by absolutely shutting them down in every aspect......Carolina doesnt choose.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby petedog9 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:55 pm

My point being that the ONLY threat in Carolinas offense was Smith. With Foster hurt who else on that team is a playmaker?? Nobody.

Pitt is spreading the ball around very well, getting everyone involved and even Cedrick Wilson has emerged over the past few weeks.

Not trying to down play Seattles accomplishments in any way. But if Seattles defensive plan is one similiar to the game they played against Carolina (triple the #1 wr), they will be in trouble because Ben can look elsewhere and Pitt can run the ball against Seattles smallish D-line.
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby biju » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:03 pm

petedog9 wrote:My point being that the ONLY threat in Carolinas offense was Smith. With Foster hurt who else on that team is a playmaker?? Nobody.

Pitt is spreading the ball around very well, getting everyone involved and even Cedrick Wilson has emerged over the past few weeks.

Not trying to down play Seattles accomplishments in any way. But if Seattles defensive plan is one similiar to the game they played against Carolina (triple the #1 wr), they will be in trouble because Ben can look elsewhere and Pitt can run the ball against Seattles smallish D-line.

What would possibly make you think that Seattle's gameplan is to triple the #1 WR? Do you think that happened through the season as well?

I like how before the Seattle/Carolina game everyone was saying "You can't stop Steve Smith" and now everyone is saying "Well, it was obvious. Just double/triple team the guy".

If I were Pittsburgh I would be worried about what Seattle's defensive gameplan is going to be. They certainly haven't had problems so far...

On the other end, I'm certainly worried about Pittsburgh's defense and hope Holmgren has a way of neutralizing their pass rush so they're forced to play back. Then it will be Alexander all day. :-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk