20 years ago... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

20 years ago...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby awwchrist » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:42 pm

nothin like sitting in class and watching that along with your teacher and classmates.

A definite "where were you when"...
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:05 pm

awwchrist wrote:nothin like sitting in class and watching that along with your teacher and classmates.

A definite "where were you when"...
Ditto. I remember them wheeling a TV into class to watch the take off and then the tragedy.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:26 pm

I was 16 years old. It was a terrible day in history. It seemed at the time to almost not be real, similar to the Twin Towers. I still remember people making awful, tasteless jokes about the dead astronauts, especially Christa McAuliffe. And didn't some sick bastard find her hand and keep it? I swear I'm not making that up..it happened sometime, if not this incident.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby hastur » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:28 pm

This is strange. Everyone here is talking about being in school watching it, but I was home with a friend of mine watching it happen. I went to private school, so maybe some weird catholic holiday was going on, but my friend went to public school. hmmm...

Anyway....a sad day indeed.
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby VaderFin » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:33 am

I too was in high school when it happened in Daytona Beach. I know people who were outside watching it and saw it explode in the sky. Sad day indeed. :,-(
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:30 am

VaderFin wrote:I too was in high school when it happened in Daytona Beach. I know people who were outside watching it and saw it explode in the sky. Sad day indeed. :,-(

my parents were. that was just a weird day.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:38 am

Damn, I remember the day that happened. I was in the 3rd grade watching it on television if I remember correctly. Just terrible that it happened.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:25 am

I'm going to sound like a callous ass hole for saying this, but the Challenger explosion is one of the most overrated disasters in US history.

That being said, I definitely remember where I was when it happened, and it was extremely sad. It's odd comparing the mood of the nation immediately after that with the mood immediately after the most reason shuttle explosion...far, far different.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:34 am

Art Vandelay wrote:I'm going to sound like a callous ass hole for saying this, but the Challenger explosion is one of the most overrated disasters in US history.

That being said, I definitely remember where I was when it happened, and it was extremely sad. It's odd comparing the mood of the nation immediately after that with the mood immediately after the most reason shuttle explosion...far, far different.

callous? maybe a little. and whether or not people agree with you, you probably won't have to slow down to let people jump on the bandwagon.

As for me, I was... oh, that's right... not alive. Sad nonetheless... and again with the Discovery (if i recall correctly) when that happened.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to General Talk