Sean Taylor ... behind bars? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sean Taylor ... behind bars?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:31 pm

Slingblade wrote:I bet he won't spend one second in jail.

Agreed. Slap on the wrist, big fine, public gun safety seminars, but no jail time. I'd be stunned if he spends one night in a cell.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:41 pm

what can you expect, hes a University of Miami Alum......
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Lushcrush » Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:53 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I heard Florida has a zero tolerance law concerning gun play. From the time the charges were filed, his *ss has been in a sling.
I don't know a lot but I do know this ... if this was a brother who wasn't an NFL star, he would be going to the pen and taking that 47 to the door.
I don't know if I've ever supported ANYTHING zero tolerance. I say let him plea and fine him to the max - get the dough.
Plus, I've got him in a 5 year deal in the VXL :-b
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby confused_jake » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:19 am

He'd never get 46 years. The judge would have to be a real hard ass to give him consecutive sentencing, and he'll probably only get a few months, something similar to what Jamal Lewis got.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cooner » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:59 pm

46 years is the max, consecutive sentenced, time he could get. Then, to have to serve that, he'd have to be a bad boy in prison to never be paroled.

If he gets convicted of the assault charges, the minimum he could get would be 1 year for each assault, served simultaneously. I'm not sure whether or not he could be paroled before serving the 1 year...
Best... fantasy advice... EVER. :D

[quote]Always play the players who will get you the most points[/quote]
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:24 pm

terpfan wrote:46 years for waiving a gun? I dont get it.

Im not saying Tayor is innocent, or that he is a model citizen, but 46 freaking years? Seems like this attorney is trying to "make an example" of ST.

I dont know, its all making me sick to my stomach.

I mentioned this when Taylor was initially arrested months ago, but there is a law in Florida (where I believe this took place) that pointing a gun at someone carries a 20 year minimum sentence, and discharging the weapon (whether you hit them or not) carries a minimum life sentence.

The laws have been this way down here for a few years at least, so if pointing a gun is a 20 year min, I can see how pointing it at them and verbally threatening to kill them, and then piling several assault charges on top of it could easily get up to 46 years.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:26 pm

Lushcrush wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I heard Florida has a zero tolerance law concerning gun play.

Bingo.

10 years minimum for pulling a gun, 20 years minimum for pointing it at someone, lifetime minimum for discharging it.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby PACKman1144 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:19 pm

He's a thug. Hopefully they lock him up and don't give him a relaxed punnishment because he's famous.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:10 pm

Right about now, the Skins are wondering if Darrell Green has anything left it the tank. God, to think they went from such an acclaimed superstar without ego, like Green, to a hapless thug like Taylor. It's really sad. Almost like replacing Barry Sanders with Lawrence Phillips. I sometimes wonder how Joe Gibbs even sleeps at night, having to deal with this piece of work. It would really be sweet if Taylor ends up going to prison for a long time. I hope no ill will towards him, but maybe a wake up call like this will turn it around for him, even if it's behind jail walls.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:32 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
Lushcrush wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I heard Florida has a zero tolerance law concerning gun play.

Bingo.

10 years minimum for pulling a gun, 20 years minimum for pointing it at someone, lifetime minimum for discharging it.

If you seriously think Sean Taylor is going to go away for 30 years, you need to get your head examined. You'd think we'd all know the normal scope of the law doesn't apply to celebrities by now.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk