RB Reggie Bush (USC)
44%
LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson (VIR)
25%
Other
4%

Total votes : 71

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:11 pm

I am taking Leinart. OT is probably the deepest position in the draft, and I have seen mocks with guys like Justice falling to the second.

I realize this situation can be taken many different ways, but for my money I would be grabbing a guy like Edge and pairing him with Leinart and Justice.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheDiplomats » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:12 pm

I'd pick up D'Brickashaw.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:24 pm

portisfan24 wrote:I am taking Leinart. OT is probably the deepest position in the draft, and I have seen mocks with guys like Justice falling to the second.

I realize this situation can be taken many different ways, but for my money I would be grabbing a guy like Edge and pairing him with Leinart and Justice.

Justice will go top 10.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tcpain » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:01 pm

Young is "the man". Did you guys even watch the NC game? That man carried the Horns to victory in 2 straight Rose Bowls breaking records in the process. With his size and mobility, a good NFL QB coach will turn this guy into a M Vick that can pass.

He led the nation in Pass Effinciency this year. And yes, better than Leinart!!
Brad Edmonston
Commissioner-Real Deal NFFL, Real Deal MLB, Real Deal CFFD (Dynasty)
cburgess6@comcast.net
Co-Commissioner-Real Deal vs. Cafe (Real Deal = 1 / Cafe = 0)
tcpain
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Web Supporter

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:13 pm

More and more we are seeing "teams" winning championships. Patriots, Spurs, Pistons, White Sox, etc. and as a GM I would go that route and pick up the best O-Lineman. I would be very tempted to pick up a seat filler like Bush or Vince, but if put in a situation where I had to build a team from the ground up, I would start with Brick.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby lushmd » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:30 pm

Here's the thing, if you have to draft first, I think that the best choice would be Bush. However, given the option of trading down, it makes sense to go with D'Brick. I don't know how others approached this, but when I voted I assumed that I would have to use the first pick.
lushmd
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby cherrygarcia1911 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:07 pm

I'd take the best overall sure thing guy on the board and that's Bush.Not only does he seem like the best sure thing talent on the board but may really be a "special" player that only comes around once in a while.Plus,with an expansion team you automatically get T.Boselli so you're ok at the OT position right?
cherrygarcia1911
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mattb47 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:42 pm

tcpain wrote:Young is "the man". Did you guys even watch the NC game? That man carried the Horns to victory in 2 straight Rose Bowls breaking records in the process. With his size and mobility, a good NFL QB coach will turn this guy into a M Vick that can pass.

Yes....he was very impressive in the NC game. But I attribute more of that to the idea that USC's defense was simply horrendous. They just couldn't tackle....part of that goes to Young's elusiveness, but most of it goes to the fact that they just weren't very good. In fact, Young didn't play against very many good defenses at all this year seeing as how the Big 12 had a very down year.

I just think that Young will get to the pros and he's going to learn the hard way that he can't do all that running all over the place all the time. Look at how Vick has struggled when teams finally figured out how to contain him, they'll do the same for Young. If I took one player to start my team, it would be the one with the most talent of any player I've seen come out of college in quite a while. In the championship game he had a poor game in most people's eyes and still had 275 total yards and 1 TD. Now if that's a bad game, it makes you wonder a bit.....
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mysticphysh » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:47 pm

mattb47 wrote:But I attribute more of that to the idea that USC's defense was simply horrendous.

I was about to say the same thing. USC's D was crap...was all season. They just ran into a team that they couldn't outscore, but it took Texas 59:50 of the clock to get it done. I was really disappointed in the game actually. I like a little Defense in my game. :-t
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moochman » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:47 am

mattb47 wrote:
tcpain wrote:Young is "the man". Did you guys even watch the NC game? That man carried the Horns to victory in 2 straight Rose Bowls breaking records in the process. With his size and mobility, a good NFL QB coach will turn this guy into a M Vick that can pass.

Yes....he was very impressive in the NC game. But I attribute more of that to the idea that USC's defense was simply horrendous. They just couldn't tackle....part of that goes to Young's elusiveness, but most of it goes to the fact that they just weren't very good. In fact, Young didn't play against very many good defenses at all this year seeing as how the Big 12 had a very down year.

I just think that Young will get to the pros and he's going to learn the hard way that he can't do all that running all over the place all the time. Look at how Vick has struggled when teams finally figured out how to contain him, they'll do the same for Young. If I took one player to start my team, it would be the one with the most talent of any player I've seen come out of college in quite a while. In the championship game he had a poor game in most people's eyes and still had 275 total yards and 1 TD. Now if that's a bad game, it makes you wonder a bit.....

I don't think it is fair to compare VY to Vick. Young is a lot bigger and a much more accomplished passer at this stage of his career. He is a unique player that could be a game breaker. Bush may be too, but he doesn't run a pro-style anymore than VY did. So he isn't without questions.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk