And we thought Desmond Clark was a joke... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

And we thought Desmond Clark was a joke...

Moderator: Football Moderators

And we thought Desmond Clark was a joke...

Postby Dadd » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:28 pm

Bartrum named to Pro Bowl as long snapper
January 27, 2006

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Eagles tight end Mike Bartrum was selected to the NFC Pro Bowl roster Friday as the squad's long snapper.

"I feel honored to be representing my team at the Pro Bowl," Bartrum said. "It will be a very special experience for me and my family. Honors like this don't come along very often, and I plan to make the most of it."

This is Bartrum's first Pro Bowl appearance. Bartrum has been a backup tight end for the Eagles since 2000. He has nine career receptions and four touchdowns with the Eagles.

Linebacker Jeremiah Trotter was the only player originally voted to the Pro Bowl. Safety Brian Dawkins was added as a free safety on Wednesday when Chicago's Mike Brown was declared out with an injury.
Dadd
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:33 pm

Why is that a joke?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby UTLonghorns » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:51 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Why is that a joke?

Because no one cares about the position. Its underrated. I've tried it, quite hard.

Oh, I know, We draft long snappers now and get points for every good snap! Sounds like fun!

Psh. Thats like going to the All Star game as a bat boy.
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

Postby mysticphysh » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:56 pm

Longsnappers = most underrated position on the field. Teams now carry players on their team for no other purpose then to long snap. There's nothing wrong with a no-name long snapper making the team. ;-)
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:09 pm

mysticphysh wrote:Longsnappers = most underrated position on the field. Teams now carry players on their team for no other purpose then to long snap. There's nothing wrong with a no-name long snapper making the team. ;-)

Exactly. It would only be a joke if he was going as a tight end.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby logan » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:19 pm

actually i think he might have had more td's than clark did last year.

edit:actually they had exactly the same amount. 2.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:18 pm

yea...make fun of him..but i bet he had a clause in his contract giving him some money if he made the pro bowl...so hes prolly laughing at you all the way to the bank
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:30 pm

Football is a team sport, some positions are surely more important than others but each is needed... good for him. ;-D
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:33 am

Guttpuppy wrote:Football is a team sport, some positions are surely more important than others but each is needed... good for him. ;-D

Agreed, I don't think it's a joke for him to make it at a specialized position.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:49 am

People who havent experienced football by playing at a true competitive level or havent followed for a long time dont know much more than the "Play Making" positions....aka QB, RB, WR, TE.

The guys who dont score the points actually are just as or more important than the playmakers because we all know without an Offensive line you cant do notin, or a kicker who cant kick a FG hurts your team and your playmakers cant even score.

I remember in a playoff game our long snapper hiked the ball over our punters head 2 times in a game, one was for a safety, truely because of the 2 it cost us the game.......truely the non-play maker position make the play makers who they are.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Next

Return to Football Talk