#1 Fantasy kicker for 2006: Jeff Reed - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

#1 Fantasy kicker for 2006: Jeff Reed

Moderator: Football Moderators

#1 Fantasy kicker for 2006: Jeff Reed

Postby The Lung » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:54 pm

Well, that's what Fanball thinks. Click here to read the whole article.

1. Jeff Reed, Steelers: Steady, with a burgeoning offense that may be losing its automatic touchdown-maker if Jerome Bettis retires.
2. Jeff Wilkins, Rams: The Greatest Show on Turf, Part Two, should give him plenty of opportunities
3. Neil Rackers, Cardinals: Even if everything doesn't go his way again next year, he's still got a big leg and a productive offense.
4. Shayne Graham, Bengals: Cincy's offense is potentially too good—even with a banged-up quarterback—for Graham to slip any lower.
5. Mike Vanderjagt, Colts/UFA: So long as it's a meaningless regular-season kick, Vandy should do just fine.
6. Josh Scobee, Jaguars: Jacksonville's offense hit its stride late in the season, and Scobee will ride those coattails to bigger numbers.
7. Adam Vinatieri, Patriots/UFA: Still hands-down the best choice if it's a pressure kick.
8. Nate Kaeding, Chargers: San Diego has plenty of offensive firepower, and Kaeding is no longer a wet-behind-the-ears neophyte.
9. David Akers, Eagles: Both he and Donovan McNabb should be healthy, which can only mean a return to form for the Philly offense.
10. Josh Brown, Seahawks/RFA: That shaky field goal percentage is disconcerting.
11. Jay Feely, Giants: The champ never repeats, and there was plenty to worry about for both he and the Giants' offense over the second half of the season.
12. Jason Elam, Broncos: Still gets it done in Denver, though he doesn't take advantage of the thin air like he used to.
13. Paul Edinger, Vikings/UFA: Assuming Minnesota's offense bounces back under Brad Childress and a healthy Daunte Culpepper, there will be point opportunities for whomever is kicking for the Vikings.
14. Lawrence Tynes, Chiefs: Kansas City loses its offensive coordinator, and Tynes may have to fight for his job in training camp again. That's a lot of risk to assume.
15. Kris Brown, Texans: An offensive-minded coach, a top pick that's bound to help put up points, and plenty of existing offensive talent all bode well for Brown's prospects.

Sorry for starting a kicker thread, but hey, there's no NFL football this weekend. :~(
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:30 pm

I like the Reed call. I bit on Akers this year and I will be waiting on a kicker this year.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby UTLonghorns » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:52 pm

Yes, I love kicker threads! :-b

I think Rackers will be the best next year, hes on a mediocre O, which is good for kickers.
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:11 pm

This thread:

:-t

;-7
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby UNDEFEATED » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:12 pm

Can someone please delete this thread...sssshhh.

i have been riding reed for the last two years.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby J2thez929 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:14 pm

So basically you can take this list, throw it in a hat and draw names to find out next year's best fantasy kicker.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby UNDEFEATED » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:15 pm

J2thez929 wrote:So basically you can take this list, throw it in a hat and draw names to find out next year's best fantasy kicker.

yes...

but putting his name out there is diminishing his late round value....stop
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby jh2031 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:38 pm

I'd take Rackers.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby merc » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:42 pm

I did in one draft so far this year..... but might hold off in the curent draft till later?

Or... I might just keep coming back to this thread to look at JH's signature.... egad... hot. ;-D
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig

[i]2006 Cafe TSN Ultimate Salary Cap Playoff Champion[/i]
merc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Homeless » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:57 pm

Urrghh surely we can make it through the SB without a kicker thread!! :-b
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Next

Return to Football Talk