Weak QB class for 06? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Weak QB class for 06?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mattb47 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:24 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
mattb47 wrote:I would put Hass ahead of him for next year, along with McNabb and Bulger. So for me....at the very most he is #5 next year.

wow. im not so sure about that.

You won't see Alexander go for 28 TDs again...and so I think that Hass gets a pretty good increase in his numbers next year. McNabb definitely above Brady because he just puts up bigger numbers in that offense. Anytime you have a RB who is better catching the ball than running with it....your QB is going to have some pretty solid numbers. Bulger is going to be ahead of Brady as well because that offense is going to be rolling next year when they establish the run more. It's something that Mike Martz never quite figured out, if you run effectively, your passing game will take off.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:26 pm

see edited post....
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:28 pm

Not saying these guys should be taken early. By no means, just saying that I think they're all ahead of Brady. I think once again Manning finds himself quite a bit ahead of the pack as far as when to draft a QB.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Gnu314 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:06 pm

Right now I've got this... assuming that Palmer's rehab goes exactly as planned and he has no complications.

Manning
Palmer

Hass
Bulger
Brady
McNabb

Brees
Delhomme
Roethlisberger
Manning
Leftwich

Vick
Brunell
Green
Plummer

Thats in order of sure things, probably 25ish TDs, 20+ that I'ed be happy to take in round 6 or later or are coming up, and qbs that are shaky.

I don't know where to put Culpepper or Collins but I know I won't be picking them come the fall.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:11 pm

Where is this nonsense coming from that Bulger is supposed to put up big numbers every year and dissappoints? The only dissappointment is the games missed to injury, when playing he's been a top 3 QB the last few years. He may not throw 40 TDs, but he sure does make up for it with those 300 and 400 yard games week in and week out.

He's also perhaps the most consistent guy week to week. Excluding games he missed to injury, I believe in the last 4 years he has only put up less than 10 fantasy points (in a standard 25yds per point and 4pts per pass TD league) one time.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby biju » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:16 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Where is this nonsense coming from that Bulger is supposed to put up big numbers every year and dissappoints? The only dissappointment is the games missed to injury, when playing he's been a top 3 QB the last few years. He may not throw 40 TDs, but he sure does make up for it with those 300 and 400 yard games week in and week out.

He's also perhaps the most consistent guy week to week. Excluding games he missed to injury, I believe in the last 4 years he has only put up less than 10 fantasy points (in a standard 25yds per point and 4pts per pass TD league) one time.

He certainly doesn't disappoint when he plays, but I wouldn't put a ton of stock into a guy that tends to get hurt often.

Two things to note however is that maybe with the coaching change emphasis will be put on having more protection for Bulger. Along with that however is almost certainly going to be less emphasis on the passing game altogether. I think I'm going to let someone else gamble on him in 2006.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:54 pm

Bulger missed half the season this year! Yes WHEN he is on the field he usually puts up very good numbers but the problem for him is staying on the field. Its not all his fault, the rams offensive line shoulders most of the blame, but i dont want to grab a starting QB who has a track record for missing games over a QB like Brady who has missed relatively few.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Keyser_WV » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:29 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Bulger missed half the season this year! Yes WHEN he is on the field he usually puts up very good numbers but the problem for him is staying on the field. Its not all his fault, the rams offensive line shoulders most of the blame, but i dont want to grab a starting QB who has a track record for missing games over a QB like Brady who has missed relatively few.

It's not Bulger's fault his line gets him pounded every game. If Manning or Palmer had to play with a line like STL they would be injured too.

Bulger gets crushed every game. It's brutal.

If Bulger had an O-line he would easily put up 3800-4000 yards and 25-30 TD's.

I guess you have to call him injury prone but he take quite a beating every game.

I would feel confident drafting him after Manning and Palmer.

Seeing as those two guys will go early Bulger is a better value pick imo.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby tcpain » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:57 pm

I don't know much about Linehan, but from watching the Dolphins a few times last year, he seems to run a more balanced offense than Martz does. So I would expect Bulgers #'s to dip a bit just like Brady. I also expect Jackson's numbers to rise a good bit. I know Linehan likes to use his RB's, be it in the passing game or running game. ***See Robert Smith**

My order is:

1. P Manning
2. C Palmer (healthy that is)
3. T Brady
4. M Hasslebeck
5. D McNabb
Brad Edmonston
Commissioner-Real Deal NFFL, Real Deal MLB, Real Deal CFFD (Dynasty)
cburgess6@comcast.net
Co-Commissioner-Real Deal vs. Cafe (Real Deal = 1 / Cafe = 0)
tcpain
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Web Supporter

Postby gogogadget » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:00 pm

This year I will certainly be waiting a long time in the draft to pick my QB. If I could get a Brunnell or Plummer I would be happy with it. If they dont work I should be able to find one off the waiver wire after a couple weeks into the season.
"When I know nothing, the possibilities are endless."
gogogadget
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk