Weak QB class for 06? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Weak QB class for 06?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:49 pm

You both make good points, which probably just means that I won't have Hass on any teams this year since he'll likely be going way too early for my liking.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:22 pm

its looking more and more like Peyton in the first round is a pretty good pick once the top RBs are off the board....
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:44 pm

It's never looking like that for me. To me it's looking like WRs and TEs should be getting the love earlier, with Peyton going mid second.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby MadScott » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:43 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Where is this nonsense coming from that Bulger is supposed to put up big numbers every year and dissappoints? The only dissappointment is the games missed to injury, when playing he's been a top 3 QB the last few years. He may not throw 40 TDs, but he sure does make up for it with those 300 and 400 yard games week in and week out.

He's also perhaps the most consistent guy week to week. Excluding games he missed to injury, I believe in the last 4 years he has only put up less than 10 fantasy points (in a standard 25yds per point and 4pts per pass TD league) one time.
I agree with you Bagel. Bulger, prior to getting injured, was on a near NFL single season yardage record pace. Had he remained healthy, he could very well have challenged for the single season record. A new regime in STL should mean more protection for him which should equate to better production.

I don't think I would call next year's class weak at all, rather, for those that aren't likely to take a "top QB" high in the draft, it simply means that there will be more similar type players to be taken later at a better value. I mean, what was Palmer's ADP this past season? Not many leagues that I was had him in the top 5 in the draft and in most scoring systems he was the top guy.

Value, value, value, that's the name of the game.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:54 am

Bulger is the man. I try to draft him in every league I join for the past 3 years now.... 5th round pick or later of course.

Usually end up with Favre or Green though. That didn't work out too good this year.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:02 am

as was mcnabb.

I mean an injury is an injury, so that factors in.

Although it is hard to hold a broken leg against a guy. The hernia, injured thumb, who knows.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Crimedogg32 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:08 am

eaglesrule wrote:as was mcnabb.

I mean an injury is an injury, so that factors in.

Although it is hard to hold a broken leg against a guy. The hernia, injured thumb, who knows.

people sure havent had a problem holding it against Vick. To many question marks around McNabb for me to pick him where his ADP will be
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:13 am

well it would be nice if vick got the stats mcnabb does.

Like I said, to each his own, mcnabb has soem questions, but I'm not buying the "No TO" one, as he ahs proven he can be good without him.

the injury thing? that is legit.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk