Wish I had NFL Network at times like this... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Wish I had NFL Network at times like this...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby PACKman1144 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:58 pm

I got 2 bbeefs with this:
1. Moving it to cable is dumb, I like how all but one of the games isnt on cable. I enhances the market, alot.

2. Saturdays are for college football. They always have been, the NFL has no right to impede on the NCAA's Saturdays, and their thursday night game aswell :-t

But I did hear they'll be adding a third game in primetime on thanksgiving, to be aired on the NFL network...not sure if any one has said that yet
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:16 pm

PACKman1144 wrote:2. Saturdays are for college football. They always have been, the NFL has no right to impede on the NCAA's Saturdays, and their thursday night game aswell :-t

The NFL has given college football "exclusive rights" to the TV crowd for many, many years. Note how Saturday NFL games never start until after the college football season anyway. If it stays the same way, there won't be any issue.

There are only 8 games in total on NFL network according to the article. I think right now NFL has 3 weeks of Saturday games, so if you count the week of Thanksgiving as one week and the last 3 weeks of the year as the others, it won't interrupt college football at all. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PACKman1144 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:55 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
PACKman1144 wrote:2. Saturdays are for college football. They always have been, the NFL has no right to impede on the NCAA's Saturdays, and their thursday night game aswell :-t

The NFL has given college football "exclusive rights" to the TV crowd for many, many years. Note how Saturday NFL games never start until after the college football season anyway. If it stays the same way, there won't be any issue.

There are only 8 games in total on NFL network according to the article. I think right now NFL has 3 weeks of Saturday games, so if you count the week of Thanksgiving as one week and the last 3 weeks of the year as the others, it won't interrupt college football at all. ;-D

Yeah I think your right on that one Mercer...as usual. I didn't even think that the college season will be done by then. My b, guess I spoke too soon !+)
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby N-Man » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:15 pm

portisfan24 wrote:Even if they weren't carrying games you guys should get it. That channel is freaking sweet.

money doesnt grow on trees. . .

its getting more and more expensive too watch football nowadays. . .
life is like a box of chocolates. . .
N-Man
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle Eye

Postby vitalogist » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:41 am

WickedSmaat wrote:
biju wrote:I'm not a huge fan of the NFL moving toward cable for its games. It would seem they would rather grow the market than shrink it. Taking the NFL off "free" TV seems like a bad move.

:-t

Ditto. I mean Thanksgiving without Fox and the Turducken is going to be different and definately will suck cause I'm sure no one in my family is going to order the Network. Plus, I would want to watch the saturday games too. And I can't get the NFL Network through my provider anyways. This sucks...

nfl network is going to be picked up in ALOT more areas now... what else is there to do after turkey day dinner, anyway? i've always said they might as well have 3 games on thanksgiving and christmas - especially on the west coast. who wants to watch those HORRIBLE bowl matchups - se louisiana tech vs boise st... no thanks.

plus, sounds like only the late game will be on nfl net... hey, if comcast didnt offer the channel, i would seriously consider switching to dtv just for the channel - there's nothing like it...
vitalogist
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:33 am

To some of you, your playing right into the NFL's hands. "Oh, no the games are moving to NFL network! I must buy the NFL network!" Thank yourselves when a decade from now, every game is PPV event. God forbid you miss a AZ v. Houston game. :,-(

College football isnt gonna suffer. Every college football fan I've talked to would watch a good college game (BCS conference game) over an NFL regular season game anytime, so no worries there. This will make the NFL more money but slightly weaken their fan base.

Keep in mind, you can still play FF and bet on games without actually getting to see them. ;-D
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Wish I had NFL Network at times like this...

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:13 am

SniperShot wrote: The first game will be on Thanksgiving night between the Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins.

Well if it's a home game for the Skins, I'll be there. If it's away I have the nfl network ;-D
But the way I understood the deal the NFL Network games weren't in lieu of but rather in addition too. so it's a bonus game. ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:26 am

So the NFL network's first game is going to be Skins vs Pokes on Thanksgiving. I wonder how the other networks feel about this? I mean, are they going to wonder about the fairness of their own contracts when they see the NFL awarding the NFL Network big name games while they are stuck with Houston vs SF? I wonder how many dog games the NFL network gets stuck with?

(I mean no offense to the several Texan and 9er fans on this site, but the national appeal of these franchises is minimal right now)

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:48 pm

portisfan24 wrote:Even if they weren't carrying games you guys should get it. That channel is freaking sweet.

Damn skippy! I'm all about getting more games, and all the extras on this channel might just be the only thing keeping me going! ;-D
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:00 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:To some of you, your playing right into the NFL's hands. "Oh, no the games are moving to NFL network! I must buy the NFL network!" Thank yourselves when a decade from now, every game is PPV event. God forbid you miss a AZ v. Houston game. :,-(

I hope to heck this never happens, but if they really want to grub money enough and think they can get away with it, it may happen. They have European soccer matchers on PPV here in the USA now, and they go for a low, low warehouse outlet price of $100 a GAME! 8-o 8-o :-t I'm sorry...I like football, but I really don't think I like it that much...
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk