Anyone want to start a dynasty league? (FULL) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Anyone want to start a dynasty league? (FULL)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone want to start a dynasty league? (FULL)

Postby mattb47 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:47 pm

Well....the dynasty league I have been in for a couple years now kind of fell to pieces. I know it's sad...so I thought that maybe some of you fine cafe people who are alot less likely to bail on a league would like to start up a new dynasty league.

We could sort out all the details of the league later on if we can get a good amount of people. I would also be looking for a possible co-commish because I think it's always a good idea to have more than 1 person in a place of power like that. So if you're interested please respond here.

I'm not going to make this first-come first serve in who is going to be in it but I am only going to keep this open for people to say they're interested for 24 hours (unless I don't get enough of a response, but i'm sure I will). ;-D
Last edited by mattb47 on Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gnu314 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:50 pm

How many teams are you thinking? Scoring? IDP or standard?

I'm probably interested anyway, but I'ed like to find out what you're thinking.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:51 pm

Dang Matt how many leagues you in next year? lol. :-b

I am currently in a Dynasty league but could probably be cohersed into another one... I would defintely be up for it, especially if its made of cafe regulars. If you need any commish help let me know.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:54 pm

Idealy I'd like 12 teams. I would say scoring would start out at the basic (but always can be changed):
25 yds/pt passing
10 yds/pt rushing/receiving
6 pts all TDs
-2 pts turnovers
possibly PPR...depends on what people want.
etc....

We can decide the positions we would use after we get our league set. I have done IDP so I would be open to that but for the most part I think people generally aren't too thrilled with it. We'll just have to wait and see. The Dynasty league I was just in didn't have IDPs but I've been in quite a few leagues with them.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:55 pm

never done an IDP league. i would be interested in doing that if everyone else is cool with it.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:56 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Dang Matt how many leagues you in next year? lol. :-b

I am currently in a Dynasty league but could probably be cohersed into another one... I would defintely be up for it, especially if its made of cafe regulars. If you need any commish help let me know.

Yea...well...alot of the leagues I had been in for the past few years have just kinda fell apart for various reasons so I'm just fillin up the empty space. :-b ;-D

I'm probably looking for more of the cafe regulars but what I really want more than anything is people who will be very committed....not just for 1 or 2 years but for longer if possible.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:02 pm

yeah theres a huge difference in cafe leagues compared to other leagues...people are more knowledgeable and more dependable in most instances. Gotta love the cafe!
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Gnu314 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:03 pm

Yeah I'ed like to get in on this, unlike GSE I've also never done IDP but I'ed rather do without it... but I'ed learn if I have to.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

sdf

Postby sPoRtZsTuD2318 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:04 pm

Idealy I'd like 12 teams. I would say scoring would start out at the basic (but always can be changed):
25 yds/pt passing
10 yds/pt rushing/receiving
6 pts all TDs
-2 pts turnovers
possibly PPR...depends on what people want.
etc....

We can decide the positions we would use after we get our league set. I have done IDP so I would be open to that but for the most part I think people generally aren't too thrilled with it. We'll just have to wait and see. The Dynasty league I was just in didn't have IDPs but I've been in quite a few leagues with them.

You can count me in Matt! ;-D

"I got this [b]killa[/b] up inside of me
I can't talk to my mother so I talk to my diary"
sPoRtZsTuD2318
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby eastcoaster » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:56 pm

OK, I know I'm still new in the Cafe, but since I found the site I've proven regular. I'm going to be here for a long time. I could go somewhere else and try to find a dynasty league, but I'd rather be in one here if at all possible.

I have no desire to be in as many leagues as you :*) but in addition to the keeper I would like to try a dynasty. I have never been in a dynasty league (yet), so if you want only dynasty experienced, please do not pick me. However, if you do want someone who will stick around year after year, then rest assured I will do so.

So, let me in ;-D
eastcoaster
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Classifieds