Anyone want to start a dynasty league? (FULL) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Anyone want to start a dynasty league? (FULL)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:56 pm

onnestabe wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:I would still like to have a DST along with the 3 IDP's

I agree with "no long yardage bonuses". Never liked that.

I like the idea of PPR (.5 points). Gives you even more to think about when drafting RB's, WR's, & TE's.

I'd really like to have the utility player (any position) instead of the normal flex (RB/WR). Like everyone has mentioned, we would have to make our scoring system so that no 1 position is that much more valuable that another. I think that having QB's TD's worth 4 and INT's worth -3 would help towards bringing QB's #'s down towards even. I think that PPR (.5 points) would help towards bringing WR's #'s up towards being even. If we decide that this is the way to go, the scoring is something that we could tweak in future seasons to make all the positions as even as possible (if we decide it needs it).

So this is the starting lineup that I like the best:

1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1Util(any position), 1TE, 1K, 1DST, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB

I think that we should have 7 offensive bench players and 1 defensive bench player. 7 offensive bench players would allow for backups at every position. Obviously each owner could have his bench set up with any positions he wants, but 7 bench players would allow for a backup QB, 1 or 2 RB's, 1 or 2 WR's, 1TE, 1K, & 1 DST. This would make it so that you wouldn't have to drop anyone during the bye weeks, if you manage your team well. Having 1 defensive bench player would be for that exact reason. The leagues I was in last season only carried 1 kicker. When his bye week came you had to either drop the kicker for another 1, or drop someone else just so you could keep your kicker and rent 1 for a week. Being able to have backups at every position would eliminate that problem.

I think we would need more than 7 bench spots, especially if we have 3 IDP starters. If we have 9-10 bench spots, you would have room for 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 3 IDPs, and a utility bench spot (we could do 9 bench spots, and you would have to use the utility for the backup TE). Also, how many rookies are we drafting each year? The more we draft, the more bench spots we will need to develop the young guys.

Also, would you truly be able to use anything at a utility flex spot? I mean, if you wanted, could you start an extra kicker or extra team defense? Or would it really be a QB/RB/WR/TE flex?

By 'any position' I meant QB/RB/WR/TE for the utility position.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:07 pm

i would prefer a later draft. I dont really want be making picks for a dyansty league without these question marks surronding the players. I think we should wait until AT LEAST May or June. I know this wont be popular and we will probably end up drafting early i just think it is foolish.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:12 pm

mattb47 wrote:I would be for an early draft and then a rookie draft later on. I like the strategy involved with having to take chances on some guys that may not be in the same place next year and such. It's another thing we can decide tomorrow when we get our room.

If we decide to do it this way, how many rounds would the rookie draft be?

Wouldn't it be extremely difficult to decide what positions not to draft in an early draft because you plan on picking them in the rookie draft? I guess if we had deep benches it wouldn't matter. We could draft our starters and some backups in the early draft and then the rookies would be backups unless they started playing like Caddy did as a rookie.

I'm like everyone else in that I'd love to start drafting yesterday, but I just think it would really suck to draft Favre/Priest/Bettis and then have them retire, or to draft Edge and have him end up on a crappy team instead of Indy. Either way I'm fine with what we decide to do. Everyone would be in the same boat trying to guess on all the question marks no matter when we have the draft.

What's everyones opinion on a separate IDP draft? We could have 3 drafts. Regular draft (early or late), IDP draft, and a rookie draft.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:20 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:i would prefer a later draft. I dont really want be making picks for a dyansty league without these question marks surronding the players. I think we should wait until AT LEAST May or June. I know this wont be popular and we will probably end up drafting early i just think it is foolish.

I already posted that I agree with GSOE, but like I also posted, whatever we as a league decide to do would be fine with me.

I just think it would be better to have 1 full draft starting in late April or early May (for all the reasons given) and a separate IDP draft. The IDP draft could be anytime.

To fill the boredom from now until a late April/early May draft we could have the IDP draft and maybe even a mock draft. Some people might be against a mock draft because they wouldn't want to show their cards early, but it would still be fun and kill some time.
flotsamnjetsam

Postby logan » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:25 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:i would prefer a later draft. I dont really want be making picks for a dyansty league without these question marks surronding the players. I think we should wait until AT LEAST May or June. I know this wont be popular and we will probably end up drafting early i just think it is foolish.

I already posted that I agree with GSOE, but like I also posted, whatever we as a league decide to do would be fine with me.

I just think it would be better to have 1 full draft starting in late April or early May (for all the reasons given) and a separate IDP draft. The IDP draft could be anytime.

To fill the boredom from now until a late April/early May draft we could have the IDP draft and maybe even a mock draft. Some people might be against a mock draft because they wouldn't want to show their cards early, but it would still be fun and kill some time.

i'm on the later draft time side as well. so looks like we have a small group forming to our side of thinking.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby merc » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:58 pm

It's another thing we can decide tomorrow when we get our room.
No room yet....
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig

[i]2006 Cafe TSN Ultimate Salary Cap Playoff Champion[/i]
merc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mattb47 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:00 pm

merc wrote:
It's another thing we can decide tomorrow when we get our room.
No room yet....

Yea...Arlo said it would be up today, and i assumed reasonably early but maybe it will be later on in the day before we get it.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:20 pm

On the draft debate, I just looked at the 'new guys keeper league' that some of you guys are in. I like that idea of having a partial draft before the NFL draft, then a 2nd draft after the NFL draft with the rookies & the players not drafted in our 1st draft.

I'd also still like to do a separate IDP draft if everyone thinks that's a good idea.

I know we'll hash things out once we get the room. I just wanted to throw that out there and see what everyone thinks.
flotsamnjetsam

Postby eastcoaster » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:25 pm

I also think a separate IDP draft is a great idea. I'm open on the timing of the other draft(s).
eastcoaster
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:31 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:On the draft debate, I just looked at the 'new guys keeper league' that some of you guys are in. I like that idea of having a partial draft before the NFL draft, then a 2nd draft after the NFL draft with the rookies & the players not drafted in our 1st draft.

I'd also still like to do a separate IDP draft if everyone thinks that's a good idea.

I know we'll hash things out once we get the room. I just wanted to throw that out there and see what everyone thinks.

Well....it really only works in that league because it is just a 3 player keeper league and we are just doing enough rounds to get our initial keepers. Not sure if it would work in a dynasty though....if you could find a way we can definitely consider it though.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Classifieds