It's official: Henderson Lions D Coordinator - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

It's official: Henderson Lions D Coordinator

Moderator: Football Moderators

It's official: Henderson Lions D Coordinator

Postby moochman » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:45 pm

The Lions have made it official signing ex-Jets DC to the same job today.
[url]http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11090270/

[/url]

ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) - The Detroit Lions on Sunday announced that Donnie Henderson is the team's new defensive coordinator.
Henderson comes to the Lions after two seasons as the New York Jets' defensive coordinator. He parted ways with the team after Eric Mangini was hired as head coach Jan. 17.
Henderson oversaw a vast improvement in the Jets' defense as the team made the playoffs in his first year there. In 2005, the defense played well at times but could not carry an anemic offense. Injuries also plagued the team as the Jets finished 4-12.
Before joining the Jets, Henderson spent five seasons with the Baltimore Ravens, first as assistant defensive backs coach and then as defensive backs coach.

It's my understanding that like Marinelli, Henderson is a coach who asks his players to own up to their duties. If so he will be a welcome addition.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:52 pm

Nice pickup by the Lions. Hey, maybe with Henderson in the fold, and the possible signing of Martz, the Lions might finally be going somewhere. ;-)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:55 pm

henderson is a great DC, and lions fans should be thrilled to have him. With the exception of mangini, he would have been my top choice for the jets head coaching job...
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby MadScott » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:36 pm

Very nice hire here. I said it over in the Lions forum and I'll say it again here, the Lions, with this hiring and Marinelli's, are going to get a tougher edge about them come hell or high water. I think that there is finally something to be excited about in Lion land.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Calyxes » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:19 pm

I like the hire ;-D I am still not going to get my hopes up yet for next season though, because this seems all to familar
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Return to Football Talk