Cadillac Williams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cadillac Williams

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cadillac Williams

Postby The Lung » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:34 pm

I have the Cadillac as a late first round pick in my rankings. Last week I participated in two mock drafts on another site and picked him up with the 3.09 and 3.12 picks! (re-draft, 1 point per 10 yards rushing/receiving, 6 points per rushing/receiving TD, 1 point per 20 yards passing, 4 points per passing TD) Here at the Cafe 2006 Mock Draft I, he was chosen with the 2.05 pick.

(In the Sam Mills Dynasty League here at the Cafe, he was taken at 1.10, but that is a dynasty league)

Will this hold up? Will the Caddy be a late 2nd round or 3rd round steal in fantasy drafts in 2006?
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Cadillac Williams

Postby biju » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:08 pm

The Lung wrote:I have the Cadillac as a late first round pick in my rankings. Last week I participated in two mock drafts on another site and picked him up with the 3.09 and 3.12 picks! (re-draft, 1 point per 10 yards rushing/receiving, 6 points per rushing/receiving TD, 1 point per 20 yards passing, 4 points per passing TD) Here at the Cafe 2006 Mock Draft I, he was chosen with the 2.05 pick.

(In the Sam Mills Dynasty League here at the Cafe, he was taken at 1.10, but that is a dynasty league)

Will this hold up? Will the Caddy be a late 2nd round or 3rd round steal in fantasy drafts in 2006?

Interesting. I'm assuming he'll start climbing into the mid to early second round by next season.

I have the 13th and 16th overall picks in my 14 team big money league and he is certainly someone I would consider with the 16th pick...
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:12 pm

It depends on how much stock the "experts" put in the injury problems he had last year and the amount of TD's they feel he'll lose to Alstott next year. Those have to big the big question marks keeping his draft stats lower.

I suppose I can also see people lowering his value since so many 2nd year RB's have been horrible picks over the past 2-3 years. Guys that many have predicted to have great success have been wasted 1st and 2nd round picks in year two.

That said, the Cafe Mock placing him at 2.05 sounds pretty good right now. I'm hoping some WR's were taken above him, and I'm assuming he was taken right around the time S. Jackson was taken. He's probably the "surest" thing among the four new backs from last year.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:34 pm

Cadillac has some pretty big question marks in my eyes. First there is the fact that he missed quite a few games due to injury last year. Second is the fact that Alstott has become a TD vulture. He also was not utilized as a pass catcher in Grudens offense last year. In ppr leagues his value take a hit. In his defense when he was healthy he put up some huge numbers and got his share of TDs. He wont probably get more than 12 TDs a year but i think he is still a solid number 2 back and i would be happy to get him in the second round.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:02 pm

At this point, anyone who wants to jump the gun on him in the late 1st or early 2nd round is more than welcome to. mid to late 2nd is where he should until TB can prove he's going to have an easier time putting up fantasy points(drafting/signing upgrades to the o-line, releasing Alstott/Pittman, etc).
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:19 pm

I think the risk with Cadillac is not with his ability, or even with his injury problems. I'd say that the TB offense has a legitimate chance of falling right on its face next year. If galloway gets injured again... or if he underwhelms, or if simms regresses then I think Caddy has a good chance of going down with the ship. The Alstott/Pittman conundrum only worsens caddy's situation in TB. Gruden is an offensive minded coach, so he may come out great, but I wouldn't put too much stock in bad offenses like TB.

That said, he is in my top 10 RBs. He's a tweener 1st/2nd guy for me that I'd probably pass on if he was going to be my no. 1 guy.
Last edited by skibrett15 on Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Arlo » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:20 pm

Sure, he has question marks, and a lot can happen between now and most leagues' draft days, but from what we know now, I wouldn't expect him to be around in the third round in most drafts...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gnu314 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:08 pm

For the record Alstott has stated publicly that hes probably retiring. I have Caddy at a mid to late second rounder this year at the earliest, I think that his stock fell to the point where hes a good value pick but not a great reach pick, certainly not late first.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ejwild » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:16 pm

For whatever it's worth...I think he will be a HUGE breakout player next year...

I know Gruden will bust ass to get a decent O-line this offseason, and we all know how infatuated Gruden is with Caddy....I think he'lll make the Caddy a superstar by mid season!!!!

He has breakaway speed, on an up and coming team...

I still don't think many of you agree with me, which is just fine...I'll take him early in the second as my second RB and laugh all the way to the title....
;-)
It's a great day to play Football.
ejwild
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:49 pm

I can think of two main reasons that he may be "falling": after the 1st 4/5 RBs the talent pool broadens in terms of amount touches and stats, and also if any of these leagues were ppr, that means top tier WRs have increased value.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk