Cadillac Williams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Cadillac Williams

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby saundman2000 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:03 pm

The_Dude wrote:
The Lung wrote:
Buccaneers: Alstott may call it a career
The News
Buccaneers running back Mike Alstott will retire if the team doesn't increase their offer to him, according to the St. Petersburg Times.
Our View
Alstott wants the team to match the $1.5 million they paid him last season, but the Bucs are as much as $19 million over the cap, so that may not be practical. If Alstott hangs up his cleats, Carnell Williams' fantasy value increases because now goal line duties will be up for grabs.


Since I have Caddy in my keeper league, I'm fully aboard the "Please retire Mike Alstott" bandwagon.


Touche, Dude. Touche!

Hang 'em up Mike!
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1883
Joined: 31 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Illinois

Postby sappisgod » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:28 am

Plindsey88 wrote:If Tampa is able to pick up Winston Justice, Eric Winston, Marcus McNeill or Jonathan Scott in the draft, Caddy's value will rise because of it...

I'm also intrigued by the possibility they may take Max Jean-Gilles, in which case, I think his value is boosted by at least 3 picks...

Personally, I think he's a suitable number 1 back for guys that go with Steve Smith in the late first... I think 2.02 or later is a safe place to pick him...


The tackles could be a possiblity, Jean-Gilles definitely not though.

And I really don't see why all of you want Alstott to retire. He's pretty far from what he used to be, although he's still a solid short yardage guy. But if he retires, the Bucs are just going to pick up or draft another short yardage back. If anything, I'd want to take my chances with Alstott's age and injuries.
sappisgod
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 260
Joined: 7 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:44 am

sappisgod wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:If Tampa is able to pick up Winston Justice, Eric Winston, Marcus McNeill or Jonathan Scott in the draft, Caddy's value will rise because of it...

I'm also intrigued by the possibility they may take Max Jean-Gilles, in which case, I think his value is boosted by at least 3 picks...

Personally, I think he's a suitable number 1 back for guys that go with Steve Smith in the late first... I think 2.02 or later is a safe place to pick him...


The tackles could be a possiblity, Jean-Gilles definitely not though.

And I really don't see why all of you want Alstott to retire. He's pretty far from what he used to be, although he's still a solid short yardage guy. But if he retires, the Bucs are just going to pick up or draft another short yardage back. If anything, I'd want to take my chances with Alstott's age and injuries.


Caddy showed a good amount of power in his running last year so I wouldn't be surprised to see them not go after another power back. They would probably grab someone else, especially if Pittman left as well but just as a change of pace back for Caddy. I think Caddy could manage the goal line carries.
Image
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14238
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:17 am

i would have to agree with Matt. With Alstott out of the picture i believe that Gruden has enough confidence in Caddy to give him the goaline carries next year.
Image
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 6525
Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: South Stadium

Postby sappisgod » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:39 pm

mattb47 wrote:Caddy showed a good amount of power in his running last year so I wouldn't be surprised to see them not go after another power back. They would probably grab someone else, especially if Pittman left as well but just as a change of pace back for Caddy. I think Caddy could manage the goal line carries.


There's no question he CAN, he did at Auburn with Ronnie Brown who's plenty good as a short yardage back, but there's a very good chance Gruden won't let him. Just like a lot of other backs. If Pitt AND Alstott leave, then there's no doubt we'll draft a big back(preferably who can receive) in the draft that will also a lot of short yardage and most of the goal line carries. It just doesn't make sense not to.
sappisgod
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 260
Joined: 7 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:48 pm

sappisgod wrote:
mattb47 wrote:Caddy showed a good amount of power in his running last year so I wouldn't be surprised to see them not go after another power back. They would probably grab someone else, especially if Pittman left as well but just as a change of pace back for Caddy. I think Caddy could manage the goal line carries.


There's no question he CAN, he did at Auburn with Ronnie Brown who's plenty good as a short yardage back, but there's a very good chance Gruden won't let him. Just like a lot of other backs. If Pitt AND Alstott leave, then there's no doubt we'll draft a big back(preferably who can receive) in the draft that will also a lot of short yardage and most of the goal line carries. It just doesn't make sense not to.


Gruden thinks the world of this kid and I think that if both Pittman and Alstott leave that the chances are high that Caddy ends up with those goal line carries. I don't think you can expect to see TB go out and spend any kind of big money on another RB. Of course they will draft a RB, just about everyone does but I don't think that whoever they draft will eat into Caddy's carries on short yardage and goal line. Also, exactly which big back that can receive are you guys going to draft?
Image
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14238
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sappisgod » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:54 am

mattb47 wrote:Gruden thinks the world of this kid and I think that if both Pittman and Alstott leave that the chances are high that Caddy ends up with those goal line carries.


Yeah, he thought the world of him last year too. He still didn't get goalline carries. Also, explain to me how we'd lose Alstott and NOT get another power back for short yardage carries? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It really doesn't make any.

mattb47 wrote:I don't think you can expect to see TB go out and spend any kind of big money on another RB. Of course they will draft a RB, just about everyone does but I don't think that whoever they draft will eat into Caddy's carries on short yardage and goal line. Also, exactly which big back that can receive are you guys going to draft?


Why would we need to spend big money? I'm talking about a cheap power back or most likely drafting a player like Vickers, Bernstein, or even Powers Neal. Seeing as how if Alstott is gone, no one really has a whole lot of faith in Cook or Razzano to take over at FB. The thing is, Alstott isn't the great short yardage player he used to be. It had nothing to do with him being better than Caddy, nor did it have anything to do with Caddy's inability as noted earlier. It had everything to do with wanting to protect him as he's the best offensive weapon we have.
sappisgod
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 260
Joined: 7 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wizzle » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:22 am

[quote="sappisgod"][/quote]

Sorry if I'll never be able to take advice from someone named 'sappisgod' :-b
Image
The League of Extraordinary QBs
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 1452
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Certified Genius.

Postby sappisgod » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:34 am

Wizzle wrote:Sorry if I'll never be able to take advice from someone named 'sappisgod' :-b


Originality ain't your thing.
sappisgod
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 260
Joined: 7 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wizzle » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:36 am

sappisgod wrote:
Wizzle wrote:Sorry if I'll never be able to take advice from someone named 'sappisgod' :-b


Originality ain't your thing.


Ain't ain't a word.
Image
The League of Extraordinary QBs
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 1452
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Certified Genius.

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 16:21 hours
(and 34 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact