1st round bucs (answered) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Trivia Time Trial

1st round bucs (answered)

Moderator: Football Trivia Mods

1st round bucs (answered)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:36 pm

Cadillac Williams is the most recent RB to be drafted in the 1st round by the Tampa Bay Bucs. Who were the last two RB's the Bucs took in the 1st round of an NFL Draft?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:11 pm

Time: 35.09 seconds

Warrick Dunn & Bo Jackson<br><br><span class=gensmall>Accepted as answer by Dr. Duran Duran on Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:41 pm EST.</span>
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby redragon19 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:13 pm

Time: 4 minutes, 12.19 seconds

warrick dunn
bo jackson
You see Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care
redragon19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Big Sig ChampionEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Philly Pride » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:33 pm

Time: 4 minutes, 37.75 seconds

Warrick Dunn and Bo Jackson
Philly Pride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:43 pm

Warrick Dunn was drafted in 1997's NFL Draft and Bo Jackson was taken #1 overall by the Bucs in the 1986 NFL Draft, though he never played a down with them.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:12 pm

I wonder why Bo never played a down with the Bucs? Anyone know the story? I'll try to find it and then post a link.
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:38 pm

To answer your question...

From ESPN.com
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers made Jackson the first selection of the 1986 NFL draft. But Jackson rejected their five-year, multi-million dollar contract. "My first love is baseball," he said, "and it has always been a dream of mine to be a major-league player."

Of course, we all realize that in short time, Bo returned to the NFL with the Raiders. It's very likely, Bo just didn't want to play with the Bucs since they were the doormat of the NFL at the time. However, the quote above is all I could really find that came from the horse's mouth.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:20 pm

That's what I was able to find also. After the baseball season he joined the Raiders (who drafted him in the 87 draft) as a "hobby" since baseball was his favorite.

He was one of the best athletes I ever saw. Imagine if he focused on only 1 sport and stayed healthy? In hindsight he should've stayed with baseball since the hip injury happened while he was playing football.
flotsamnjetsam

Return to Trivia Time Trial