Skip Bayless is a Blithering Idiot - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Skip Bayless is a Blithering Idiot

Moderator: Football Moderators

Skip Bayless is a Blithering Idiot

Postby Warhawk » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:45 pm

Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby gogogadget » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:52 pm

I knew Skip was an idiot but I read anyway...

How can these teams ever generate enough star power to live up to the telecast's Oscar-worthy commercials?

No Peyton or Brady or Vick or buzz.

this coming from the biggest vick basher of them all

Now, just because the media isn't peeing their pants to get an interview with Shaun Alexander, Hasselback, Big Ben, or the retiring Bettis doesnt make it less exciting. But that shouldn't dictate how important or entertaining a game is.

*edit - I continued to read and he wrote that this game includes two underdogs. But the only person on the planet that thinks the Seahawks are a cinderella or a major underdog was him. Just because he was horribly wrong doesn't make this a horrible matchup.
"When I know nothing, the possibilities are endless."
gogogadget
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Nilmerf » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:55 pm

Why is someone who works for a sports network bashing the Super Bowl, one of the biggest events of the year? Doesn't make any sense. He's going to his 31st consecutive Super Bowl and he doesn't even care. Give me or any other diehard Hawk/Steeler fan your ticket, butthead.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Bennett4prez » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:59 pm

I think Skip Bayless being an idiot is the only thing everyone at the Cafe can actually agree on... !+)
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Bowie » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:03 pm

Every week someone at the Cafe writes about how Bayless doesn't know what he's talking about. Every week that poster includes a link to Bayless' new article. Every week other cafe members read the Bayless article through the link, and discuss it. Bayless might not know football very well, but apparently he knows football fans extreemly well.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby gogogadget » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:06 pm

Bowie wrote:Every week someone at the Cafe writes about how Bayless doesn't know what he's talking about. Every week that poster includes a link to Bayless' new article. Every week other cafe members read the Bayless article through the link, and discuss it. Bayless might not know football very well, but apparently he knows football fans extreemly well.

If I was a writer that is not the way I would want people discussing my articles. If he knew football fans he might attempt to write an intelligent article.
gogogadget
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Bowie » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:22 pm

gogogadget wrote:If I was a writer that is not the way I would want people discussing my articles. If he knew football fans he might attempt to write an intelligent article.

Exactly. Bayless is an agitator, not an analyst. It is because he knows football fans that he does not have to write an intelligent article. There are tons of guys who can disect defensive schemes for peanuts. Bayless plays on fans' feelings of superiority and gets to write national columns and appear on TV (I'm assuming he does pretty well financially). I've got to say, while he may be obnoxious and lacking in football knowledge, as far as I'm concerned the guy is a genius.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby biju » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:23 pm

That guy had best completely stay away from Seattle and me. I can honestly say that if you read that some guy in Seattle beat the crap out of Skip Bayless it will be me. Consider this my confession...

:-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby gogogadget » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:27 pm

Genius, or extremely naive? Either one I still hate the guy and can't watch woody on 1st and ten because of him.
gogogadget
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:11 pm

Only semi-intelligent thing he said in the first article is about Joey Porter. I can't wait for him to do some interviews now that they're in Detriot. ;-D

And...well...can't find anything semi-intelligent in the second one... :-?
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk