Skip Bayless is a Blithering Idiot - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Skip Bayless is a Blithering Idiot

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Lung » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:32 pm

But would they have won their first playoff game, in Cincinnati, if Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer hadn't been hurt on his second play? Doubtful. Would they have finished off the season's most shocking upset, in Indianapolis, if Colts cornerback Nick Harper hadn't weaved back into a sprawling ankle tackle by Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger? No. Would the Steelers have been able to win in Foxborough if the Broncos hadn't upset the Patriots the week before in Denver? Highly doubtful. Would the Steelers have won in Denver if an early poor pass by Roethlisberger had been picked off in the flat by Champ Bailey and returned for a stadium-rocking touchdown? Probably not.

Truly a blithering idiot.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:55 pm

I dont know why he is getting air time at the Cafe :-?

I think i'll report this post to the Hammy ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby inferno19 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:02 pm

This guy is paid to write alternative journalism.
He is on "Page 2", ESPN's humour/opinion section, which is peppered with some very interesting opinions.

Treat it as an editorial.

If he's got you mad, or thinking, he's earned his paycheck.
1335 rushing yards, 53 receptions, 441 receiving yards. 18 TDs.
Money in the bank.
inferno19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby jh2031 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:58 pm

Why do people get all worked up about him and his articles? Just ignore him...he's never going to change. He'll always be an idiot and all he wants to do is create controversy.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby SniperShot » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:48 am

Skip BallLess wrote: The problem here is that, for the first time, the Super Bowl features two underdogs, two Cinderellas, two teams that came from nowhere on destiny-kissed rolls. One underdog can make for a can't-put-it-down script -- see some kid named Brady vs. Kurt Warner's "unstoppable" St. Louis Rams four years ago. But though this year's point spread is Pittsburgh by 4½, this feels like a game without a favorite.

He makes two underdogs playing each other sound bad... I think this is probably one of the most surprising and interesting superbowls that could have come out of the playoffs. If you told me in week 1 of the playoffs the Steelers would beat the top 3 seeds I'd say you were a freak. IF you told me at the start of the year the Seahawks would win a playoff game I'd call you a freak. This superbowl is awesome with no New England or Indy... Or the Eagles or Panthers. I want new blood in the Superbowl and thats just what we got... This guys a dork.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby moochman » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:00 pm

Nilmerf wrote:Why is someone who works for a sports network bashing the Super Bowl

He doesn't work for a sports network, he works for espn. The e is for entertainment. His lamenting the lack of star appeal is emblematic of the SuperBowl. It is a huge event that the media discovered can't be over-sold. The actual game itself is downplayed over the stories of the game.

The heartwarming tale of a hometown kid who was going to retire, but came back for one last chance to win a SB and now get the chance in his hometown. Totally nauseating and of absolutely no signifigance. But to the non-fans, or Baylesses, this is easy money. A prewritten easily sold column that event chasers will spend two weeks fawning over. But make no mistake, it has nothing to do with sports. Nor does Skippy.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby mystykoekaki » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:31 pm

"This is for everyone else out there who is trying -- and trying -- to get excited about the NFL's showcase game."

....He captured my thoughts exactly. I dont like either team and I really dont like the Seahawks because IMO they had an easy schedule. Anyways, I will have to pick a team to root for but I just dont want to think now.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mattb47 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:41 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:"This is for everyone else out there who is trying -- and trying -- to get excited about the NFL's showcase game."

....He captured my thoughts exactly. I dont like either team and I really dont like the Seahawks because IMO they had an easy schedule. Anyways, I will have to pick a team to root for but I just dont want to think now.

The perfect way to kill your credibility here..... :-b
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mystykoekaki » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:49 pm

mattb47 wrote:
mystykoekaki wrote:"This is for everyone else out there who is trying -- and trying -- to get excited about the NFL's showcase game."

The perfect way to kill your credibility here..... :-b

I sometimes dont always agree with his personal opinions but that line says it all, EXACTLY what I was thinking.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby biju » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:03 pm

So here's my question: what would have been an exciting Superbowl for you and give your reasons why. I'm really curious what makes a "good" Superbowl as opposed to a mediocre one...
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk